Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: My meno story to date  (Read 1399 times)

Shelby

My meno story to date
« on: June 21, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »

Hi all,
My story so far, (this covers a few years btw) I have tried Angelique, Prempac C , Femeston, and Evorel patches...nothing has quite hit the mark yet... and my up and down journey still continues...where I am on the meno journey I have no idea....I recently had a three month break from the Evorel (docs advice) during that time I had one period and some occasional spotting ..
It had been decided a while ago that I struggle with synthetic progesterone hence the different types..
Anyway my mood was so terrible ( suicidal at times) , terrible fatigue, awful restless legs at night, aching joint and loads of hot flushes...I went to see a different GP.
She decided that I wasn't absorbing the progesterone and has put me on Utrogestan tablets x2 at night from days 1-14, and Evorel 50 patches continually.
After one day my mood had changed it was like someone had switched on a light....and although I have finished the course for this month I am still feeling okay.
I started a bleed two days after day 14, and I have had a normal period....
So watch this space I am keeping my fingers crossed that we have finally hit on something that actually works for me 😁
One thing that may interest some of you, the restless legs have been driving me nuts even while taking the HRT. In desperation ( I needed sleep!) I have started taking Menopace, within 24 hours no restless legs, again fingers crossed this continues to work.
I do have one question tho, if you are taking Sequential HRT how do you know where you are in the meno journey? I am 53, my own “cycle” has been haywire for a number of years. ... so how do you know if you have actually passed through the menopause? And are therefore no longer able to get pregnant etc etc...or should change to conti HRT...many thanks S

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: My meno story to date
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 06:03:36 PM »

Hi Shelby.
Don't know the answer to your question but I'm so glad you've
hit upon something that is working for you.
After all your attempts to find something, I'm glad you just didn't
give up. I hope you continue to feel better, and will be back to your ‘self'
very soon....good luck babe....

Jd xx