Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Any positive stories for utrogestan  (Read 4612 times)

Macjac

Any positive stories for utrogestan
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »

Hi

Posted yesterday regarding sandrena but thought I would do a seperate post for the Utrogestan. I have just started with the gel - so far no joy in reducing flushes - and am due to start the Utrogestan in the next few days.

My plan having read many of the posts in here is to take 100mg vaginally for 12 days.

So first question.  Does anyone actually have a positive or at least neutral experience with this?

I am feeling tentative  given all the negative posts on this. Also because the gel doesn't seem to have helped am feeling it might be all downsides and no up.

Also wondering should I use just the gel for a bit longer to check this is going to have a positive effect before adding the progesterone?

Then 're actually talking the Utrogestan  - a basic question - but do I need an applicator?

If also using Vagifem how do you work this?

Finally bit worried about the morning fog people refer to. I have to be on the train for 7.15am  - does taking earlier in the evening mean less fog in the morning?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Macjac

Dotty

Re: Any positive stories for utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »

I take Utrogestan for 25 days every month alongside Oestrogel and i have no problems with either. 

Otes73

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »

Hello,

I take Utrogeston every night with no break and no side effects at all. I take it orally at around 9pm.

Hope that helps!
X

Wilks

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 05:08:08 PM »

I take it orally for 12 days a month and haven't noticed any problems since I started it in Jan this year.

Macjac

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »

Thanks all 😀

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 07:56:43 PM »

Hi

Posted yesterday regarding sandrena but thought I would do a seperate post for the Utrogestan. I have just started with the gel - so far no joy in reducing flushes - and am due to start the Utrogestan in the next few days.

My plan having read many of the posts in here is to take 100mg vaginally for 12 days.

So first question.  Does anyone actually have a positive or at least neutral experience with this?

I am feeling tentative  given all the negative posts on this. Also because the gel doesn't seem to have helped am feeling it might be all downsides and no up.

Also wondering should I use just the gel for a bit longer to check this is going to have a positive effect before adding the progesterone?

Then 're actually talking the Utrogestan  - a basic question - but do I need an applicator?

If also using Vagifem how do you work this?

Finally bit worried about the morning fog people refer to. I have to be on the train for 7.15am  - does taking earlier in the evening mean less fog in the morning?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Macjac

No need to apologise - we like to help :)

My experience is more neutral than negative I would say and especially on lower doses like 100 mg - mine tends to get worse (ie the foggy head etc) the longer I am on it but 12 days is manageable. I just put up with it.

Best to start the utro as soon as you can (ie as per cycle) depending where you are in meno - otherwise you could end up with a big bleed when you do take the utro.

I've never used an applicator but poking those tiny balls up the V is quite tricky - i usually have a poke afterwards to check it;s actually gone up there ( rather than in the bed or on the floor!).

As Stellajane says - I do the Vagifem in the morning when I am on my Utro cycle - I try to space it at about 12 hours so maybe take it to work  ::)

I don't think doing it early in the evening would help because the Utro could work its way down - best inserted last thing at night in bed so it is right near the cervix and more gets to the uterus.

I have a theory re the foggy head that if my vaginal tissues are well plumped up it minimises systemic absorption of the progesterone through the vaginal walls ( in the same way that it does for oestrogen) but I have nothing to back this up. This being my theory I plump up the vag area with daily vagifem for about 6 days before starting the utro and also continue to use it quite frequently throughout. However I'm on a long cycle and if you share a bed with a partner you might not want to be inserting stuff for most of the month - well not HRT stuff anyway  ::).

Like Stellajane says - you mostly only hear  about the problems on here so don;t go looking for them...

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Hurdity x

Macjac

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »

Thanks so much.

I have seen a consultant but at the time I saw her last Oct I had not had a bleed for 10 months  so she suggested taking it consecutively every day orally.

Ironically almost immediately after the appt ( before starting the Utrogestan) i had another bleed. Symptoms then went away so put the tabs in the cupboard.

After 3 more bleeds they stopped again and a few months on all the symptoms of flushes and dryness etc have returned.

Went back to my regular GP and she said as I was certainly still premenopausal and only 51 I should take it on a cycle.  Also I can see this means you can gauge reaction to each seperately.

She didn't change the dose but I think this was more of an error than a conscious decision. 

I can see from further reading if taking in a cycle I should take 200mg orally but the experiences on here and other sites seem to suggest if used via V then 100mg is ok.

Given the cost if going back to the consultant I thought I would try for 3 months then go back so I have something to discuss and blood to test.

Do you think starting day 15 via V with 100mg for 12 days seems like an ok plan?

Thanks all.

Macjac

Binks

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 09:47:13 PM »

just taken my first 12 days 200 orally.

dragged myself through every day, was jumping for joy at taking the last yesterday

nothing has yet given me a period even though i am still peri.

I just took the gel for 5 months with no prog as i was so fed up and love the eostrogen! doctor went mad with me.

i want to take it three monthly as i def cant live 50% of my life like the last two wweeks.

going to gp on wednesday, going to ask for referral so i cna get scans.

low eostorgen from aged 47 gave me severe arthritis, i was practically disabled and put on loads of weight, then they blamed it on the weight and said it was osteo - 2 weeks on the eostrogen and i was back to normal - made me cry that no-one had listened to me - not osteo at all, osteo arthritis cant suddenly vanish - GPS who know nothing despite 50% of the population going to have meno.

makes me v angry
sorry for rant
i resigned from my job as a headteacher i felty so awful, if they had properly diagnosed me then maybe i would still have a job

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »

I take 100mg x 12 days vaginally, first few days, I feel a bit hyped but last night, I got a solid 8 hours sleep and woke up with no bad feeling of drowsiness, its really not that bad.

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »

I am in peri & take 200mg vagially for 12 days. I don't use an applicator, just get it as high as I can with a finger. The first month I felt worse but this time (2nd month) I am on day 6 of utro and feel fine. I have recently increased to 3 pumps oestrogel so it may be this rather than 'getting used' to utro that has made the difference. I do a 6 week cycle but this because my normal cycle is 5.5 - 6 weeks, I don't know if this is a good idea or not but can't face a bleed every 4 weeks!