Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Replens any one used??  (Read 24434 times)

SEU666

Re: Replens any one used??
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »

Annie0710 the other doctor is just as dim and male too.
The Replens seems to have been better last night and today...not so much goop or soreness. Maybe a bit like the Sahara down there and the dead cells are clearing!
 I was reading that ladies found it best to use in morning as it didn't clump as much. Gravity playing a role maybe? Anyone found this?
Hot flushes not as bad as before but think with weather being hot maybe that's why they've been bad last three weeks or so.
I've ordered some yes vm to try and a free sample of Sylk.
Thank you every for your advice...will try these others too and if doesn't improve I'll go to the Doctor and show him the NIcE info and insist that I'm allowed to try.
Have been recommended Royal Jelly capsules and sea buckthorn oil caps to try to by a nutritionist.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:07:11 PM by SEU666 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »

Bridge48 - do a 're-load' for 2 weeks at night.  I use Ovestin with success and if my symptoms start 2 recur, I put a dose up in the morning as well as at night.  Vagifem is often required nightly as it is not the strength as it was originally, dropped to 10 I think from 25?

What goes up has to come down  ;).   If oestrogen needs replacing then over-the-counter products are un-likely to do that, I use KY Jelly on the outer lips regularly.

Katty

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 03:11:55 PM »

I was really surprised to read here that many women are on systemic and topical HRT for vaginal atrophy. My GP seems to think systemic covers everything. I have been using YES vaginal moisturiser as well and all was Ok until a couple of months back. Now I have a thin watery yellow discharge which is really annoying but seems to be allied to atrophy. I thought that would be fully arrested by the HRT. Things are not sore down there and no odour. Strange.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 03:44:12 PM »

Hi Kathy - do look at an earlier post on this thread where I have posted the actual recommendations from the NICE guidelines. It clearly states that even women of systemic HRT should be offered local oestrogen.
You could try using some Multi Gyn Actigel as you may have a touch of bacterial vaginitis and this gel is great at treating and preventing BV and thrush. 
Your GP is wrong so print out the guidelines and show them to him. They should prescribe Vagifem for you if you are still sore and dry.
DG x

Katty

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »

Thanks. I have ordered some of the gel as it seems to have a lot of good reviews. I can't believe I have reached yet another stage in this endless battle. How lucky we are these days to have access to all these products. I can't envisage how women coped in the past.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 09:44:08 PM »

A female GP at my practice was keen to stop my Vagifem as she said if on systemic HRT you didn't need both, fortunately she left!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 09:53:57 PM »

Tinkerbell - hopefully Her Time Will Come  ;) and she will blush, loudly  :-[

Tinkerbell

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 11:15:32 PM »

CLKD....Yes, I have to say I muttered that to myself  as I left, she is probably mid thirties, I now make sure I speak to the 50 year old male GP who is far more sympathetic!

Katty

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 10:23:24 AM »

Day 3 on the Multi Gyn Actigel. It seems to be flushing out a lot. Loads of discharge similar to a thrush discharge in consistency but yellow and odourless. No itching as you'd get with thrush. Is this how the gel works?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »

Multi Gyn Actigel doesn't exactly flush things out but it should restore the flora balance which will help to fight bacteria and fungal infections.
You may be using a bit too much of this gel, especially if you are using the long nozzle to get it deeper into the the vagina. What you are describing does sound as though you had some form of infection it's hipefully now clearing. I would now try using either SYLK or the YES moisturisers morning and evening and use a bit of Multi Gyn just twice a week as a preventative. I tend to put a good dollop of the  moisturisers and the Multi Gyn on the end of a finger and push this up inside and smear around the outer area.
It's also important to use Vagifem 2-3 times a week as well.
It can take a few weeks or even months of using both local oestrogen and intimate moisturisers to get things comfortable and healthy again and these regimes need to be maintained for the rest of our lives.
DG x

SEU666

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »

A friend recently said that vaginal dryness and irritation etc usually occurs towards the end of peri menopause, when your own estrogen levels have dropped low!
Anyone been told this??
I know that with the mirena it's difficult to know if your periods have stopped (had mine 13 months now), but would the HRT you're taking (I'm on 50mg Estrodot patch) balance your system enough so that your symptoms like hot flushes, tiredness, moods, anxiety even out and you can have actually gone through menopause without knowing it??
Guess do you need to stop HRT to see what your own estrogen level is?
Been trying to google info but still confused!

The Replens seems to be much better this week, and I have the Yes VM to try as well now. Condsidering how uncomfortable I was over last month, the last few days have been bliss!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 04:16:05 PM »

I think VA is different for everyone, my VA started when I was 47 and still having regular periods and no other symptoms. My mother on the other hand didn't complain of problems down below until she was early seventies.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »

SEU666 - If you have the Mirena with oestrogen patches or gel then you won't necessarily know when you are truly post menopause as this will prevent flushes etc from emerging. However, Urogenital atrophy will often emerge whether on hrt or not. DG x

SEU666

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 06:44:29 PM »

Thank you Tinkerbell and Dancinggirl.
It all a bit mind boggling!
Guess only time will tell how it all goes.
Thank you ladies for all your advice.
I'll keep an eye on things down below and remember the NICE guidelines, and go see GP if things start to get bad again.

xx S

SEU666

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »

Sorry it's me again!
Just tried the Yes VM on Saturday.
Does it work similarly to the Replens and does it leave residue behind too?
Think I may have had some of the Replens still left in me when I tried the Yes VM. Was just wondering if it leaves a residue behind too, or not.
Everything does feel bit softer, but want to get into using the right one that will help when I go away on the bike.
Thanks in advance ladies for your help

S xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4