Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How is it even possible?  (Read 4457 times)

Salad

Re: How is it even possible?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »

http://healthandscience.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1018:vitamin-d-lowers-estrogen-levels-and-your-risk-of-breast-cancer-us&catid=20&Itemid=374&lang=us

I'm not really IT literate so not sure if this has worked but this is the type of article coming up in my reading.

I'm back at the Menopause Clinic in 29th June so I'll see what they say - I like to keep them on their toes  :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:28:48 PM by Salad »

Saffy

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 10:49:33 PM »

Well, that's really interesting Salad :o. I have high (supplemented) levels of Vitamin D and my estradiol levels were only 100 pmol on Estradot 100. Will be interesting to see what my levels are on Oestrogel when I next get tested!

tika

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »

A very informative link about the Vit D  breast cancer (other diseases too} connection.  A lot of research on this with the same conclusions

https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2016/vitamin-d-metastasis

I take quite a high supplement of Vit D3 and have not noticed it causing hot flushes, I do take it a few days a week but not every day. My diet includes recommended food too.

If I do get a feeling of warmth in my face once in a while its due to stress, eating something sweet or a histamine response eating foods I am sensitive too.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »

Very interesting links and subject area - sounds like a whole lot more research work is urgently needed - but highlights the importance once agaibn of vitamin D - and the best way to get this is through your skin - so get out there in the sunlught without sunscreen ( at a time of day and duration suitable for your skin type) and get topped up!! Eat lots of fish!

Sorry Salad I'm digressing but I would like to read more about that issue - I looked at the study and seemed to be carried out in women who had excess fat or were obese? Would be interested to know more and when I have more time (dakr days of winter!) will read more!

Hurdity x

Salad

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 10:40:30 PM »

There does certainly seem to be a rethink about the optimal levels for Vitamin D that's for sure. Glad I've got mine up, now to sort out my Oestrogen  :D

I'd be really interested to know what levels you post menopausal ladies are feeling well on?

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 07:46:46 AM »

Mine have only occasionally been measured - last time a few years ago they were 212 pmol/l and I felt fine. I have increased my dose since then by 12.5 mcg to 62.5 mcg so I expect they are a bit higher  - but not by much so probably somewhere in the 200s?

Hurdity x

Salad

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »

Mine have only occasionally been measured - last time a few years ago they were 212 pmol/l and I felt fine. I have increased my dose since then by 12.5 mcg to 62.5 mcg so I expect they are a bit higher  - but not by much so probably somewhere in the 200s?

Hurdity x

Thank you Hurdity - I do want to see if I can reduce my current HRT dose but will have to get my Oestrogen level up first.
I'm on a lower Vitamin D dose now though so I think it should even itself out.

tika

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 08:53:46 AM »

Adding more to your link Salad there have been quite substantial trials proving the link between vitamin D and breast cancer. I am convinced personally and will continue with supplement.  Can't add anymore to the theory of Vit d3 contributing to flushes though.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0199265

Relying on sun exposition for adequate levels seem to based on the latitude of the sun, not bathing within four hours of exposure and amount of sun protection used. 

Sorry if I am being boring but Vit D  and its interaction with health is something i have been interested in for a long time.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:02:35 AM by tika »

Salad

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 04:47:36 PM »

Adding more to your link Salad there have been quite substantial trials proving the link between vitamin D and breast cancer. I am convinced personally and will continue with supplement.  Can't add anymore to the theory of Vit d3 contributing to flushes though.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0199265

Relying on sun exposition for adequate levels seem to based on the latitude of the sun, not bathing within four hours of exposure and amount of sun protection used. 

Sorry if I am being boring but Vit D  and its interaction with health is something i have been interested in for a long time.

You're certainly not boring me tika  :D - I'm known as the 'Vitamin D oracle' at work as I've read up so much about it and it's co-factors to correct my deficiency. Do you take Magnesium and K2 too?

tika

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »

Yes I take the full quota of vitamins and minerals and added supplements too, maybe the reason I am OK and well  post menopause.

It can be a moot point with others but it works for me, we all find our own way as it should be. x

sweettooth

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 11:52:26 PM »

Hi salad, that's a very interesting article and useful one for me as someone who had BC, I was on high levels of estrogen on and off for quite a few years but will never know if it sparked my BC, I don't smoke or take alcohol, eat well and no family history.  I will certainly be looking into vit D!! so thanks for that!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]