Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan days 1-28  (Read 2742 times)

Traceylr

Utrogestan days 1-28
« on: June 17, 2018, 02:40:29 PM »

Hi all,
Im new here. After 2 years trial and error finally found a hrt regime that is working for me.
Estradot 50 mcgs bi weekly , utrogestan 100mg vaginaly every night - changed from taking it orally which made depressed and no libio went awol!  No side effects from utro and now and feeling great from oestrogen . Anyone else on this ‘regime'?

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan days 1-28
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:05:33 PM »

Hi Traceylr

I'm on a very similar combo - have been mostly on Estradot 50 mcg but I take utrogestan vaginally 200 mg x 12 days every 6-8 weeks. I increased the oestrogen slightly to 62.5 mcg a  a couple of years ago. I have never tried taking it continuously at the lower dose though. There are lots of us on here taking similar - some using gel, some cyclical Utro, some orally some vaginally so you're in good company!

In particular it is really encouraging to hear that you are taking Utrogestan continuously vaginally with no side effects because many who come on here do so because of problems, so we hear less about the successes!

Long may it last :)

Hurdity x

Traceylr

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 04:53:59 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
Thankyou for your quick reply and welcome message.
Just to add the info and advice from this  site has been invaluable to me.[ Im (55) 5 years post meno , first 2 years were just about bearable but went downhill quickly. Many trials with different combo , and battles with GP's ] but armed with the info gleaned from here and reading lots of research articles i hope i have finally cracked it  :) Many thanks to all .

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »

Hello  Traceylr and welcome to the forum.

I wanted to agree with you that the help and support from this site is amazing, I don't know what I'd do without it.

Btw I also battled through the early stages of post meno life but after three  years symptoms became worse and that's when I asked for HRT. 

Take care and keep posting.

K.

TNM45689

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 07:26:43 AM »

Ladies would you be able to explain why you would take Utrogestan on days 1-18 as opposed to every day (which is what I am on)?

Thanks
Tx

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 08:34:36 AM »

I only take Utrogestan for 12 days a month as I dont like taking it every day it gives me bad side effects. If you only take it for a few days per month, you do get a monthly withdrawal bleed.

TNM45689

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »

Thanks so much.
Tx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 06:44:42 AM »

Once you've found a combo that works - that's fantastic as hopefully, as you are post-menopausal - you can stay on it for some time :)

Hurdity x

Traceylr

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 06:36:23 AM »

Hi again
Me and my smugness thinking “ i'd cracked it”!
Just into my second cycle of 28/28 100mg of utrogestan vaginally and i started bleeding on day 21! Grr could this be due to my bidy reajusting to taking utro vaginally or too much utrogestan??? Other than this bleeding i feel great, no flushes, no drepression etc etc . Thanks in advance for any info .

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 07:30:40 AM »

Sorry to hear this - however it depends on what HRT regime (s) you were on before you started this one, and perhaps whether you had any spotting or bleeding? If you were taking oral utrogestan for some while then most likely your actual progestogen dose (reaching the womb) will have been lower so (depending how long you took it like this for) the most likely explanation is that your womb lining had built up while taking the other HRT and the progestogen is causing it to shed.  In any case some spotting and beleeding is very common during the first 6 months of a continuous combined regime and it could also just be your body acclimatising and will eventually settle into a no-bleed pattern (hopefully!). Did you have a uterine scan at any point?

If you are post-menopausal and taking progesterone every day - then there is no cycle so you don't need to count the days.

As always if you are worried or if it persists, then do consult your doc.

Hurdity x

PS Stellajane posted as I was writing mine and I agree re the 25 days out of 28 but also as I said the bleeding might just be due to the build up from before

Traceylr

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:15 AM »

Hi again and thanks once more for a prompt reply.
I had a uterine scan 12 months ago 3mm lining so thats ok. I had just finished on evoral conti 50m,( bleeding intermittently on that regime every 2 weeks) and was 1 month into the new regime of 59mg estradot/ 100mg utrogestan oral 25/28 minor bleeding 1st minth then no bleeds even in the three day break. I swopped to vaginal because of the depression/ nin existant libido etc etc . I took utro every day for 25 days vag as nirmal then had a bleed which lasted 5 days . I just continued taking the utro and 21 days later another bleed! I thought that more would be absorbed vaginally and hence non or very little bleeding ?

Traceylr

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 09:02:57 AM »

Apologies for the typos! 50mcgs  estradot not 59!
Im just going to carry on withthe vag utro and hope the bleeding stops as it did last month, im going book a private uterine scan in august  to check my lining.
Thanks all again for your replys

Dotty

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 09:09:28 AM »

I think its your body just getting used to it.  Give it a bit longer.

Traceylr

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »

Hi Dotty,
Thanks for your reply . Thats what im thinking too. Just going to carry on (oh matron!) for another month/ scan and reassess.
Could be as was suggested in earlier reply perhaps I hadnt absorbed enough utro orally and the uterine lining had thickened up a bit.
Thanks for the positivity . What a carry on!

Traceylr

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 10:21:20 AM »

Hi there Dotty,
I think that may be the case too. Or as suggested earlier too little absorbed from oral utro to prevent lining from thickening. Im just going to carry on with the vag utro contiuously and have a uterine scan in august then reassess . Thanks for your input.