Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Periods!!!!!  (Read 1631 times)

Flossy46

Periods!!!!!
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »

Hi,
I'm new to this and what I'm about to post has probably been out on here several times but I need to share!

I'm 46 and believe I've been premenopausal since I turned 41. I have had various things over the years.
Anxiety
Lump in throat
Depression
Wieght gain
Pending sense of doom
Electris scalp
Tingling hands and feet
Face numbness under my right eye
Crawling skin
Anemia (on and off for 5 years)
Palpatations
Fast heart rate
Tender breast......
Only to be told by my Dr that I'm too young that was at 41!

Now here's my pinnacle pain in the bum....
PERIODS!!!!
I've always been heavy on and off blood clots, pain and fatigue.
Then last December I had fresh blood around ovulation time (I have an app period tracker)
Then it didn't happen again until Feb but what happening now is I bleed heavy for 4 days then light bleed for 5 days then I have brown discharge until ovulation then I get fresh blood (tiny amount) then brown discharge for a couple more days then nothing for a week or so then it starts all  over again! This is the 4 month like this palps go mad leading up to.it. Then everything goes back to normal.

Least to say it's driving me crazy....I'm really hopping this is the end of the beginning 😔.
I just don't know what to do for the best.

1st question has anyone else had these symptoms (period)?
2nd. Any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated.
Dr has suggested coil but I'm not convinced thats going to work!!!

Thank you in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Periods!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »

:welcomemm:

Your GP should have referred you for 'early' menopause discussions with someone who knows.  Has he/she suggested treatment for the anaemia?

Most of what you describe is, I believe, 'within normal limits' for this time of Life, i.e. The Change.  My periods waxed and waned for 2/3 years with many months missed then several 'regularly'.  Then they stopped. PHEW!

Browse round.  Make notes.  Read the treatment section above.  Maybe decide which symptom you would like 2 ease first?

Flossy46

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 11:13:43 PM »

Thank you I will. I'm going to go yet again to the Drs in a couple of weeks. I just want the periods to stop or regulate so I can get on  with my every day life. 

Yes I take iron supplements on and off as they come with their own set of problems.

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »

Hi Flossy46 &  :welcomemm:

Not much fun is it nut you'll get lots of friendly advice on here.

I remember very well how you feel - the change in periods sounds like perimenopause to me so keep a diary as it will help.

I can highly recommend the mirena coil, I had 4 over the years & they stopped all flooding/clots etc. I had very light bleeds to begin with then virtually nothing so give it some thought before dismissing entirely as for me it was a great help.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Cazikins

Flossy46

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 01:50:10 PM »

Thank you.

My friend keeps telling me to try it. Its just the thought of having it and what might happen is putting me off. On the other hand I can't carry on like this for ever how long it will last.

I break up from work  in a short while so might get it done then, at least I'll have a settling down time before I go back to work.

Thank you again 😁

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 04:43:02 PM »

Maybe put 'mirena' into the search box on here?