Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: St John's Wort and Black Cohosh tablets (Holland & Barrett and Menomood)  (Read 8458 times)

Jari

Hi NRGEE, I really understand what a confusing time this is. What is best etc...
For me, I see hrt as adding hormones to the body and the dosage may or may not be correct etc, which in the end just confuses the body even more. I did try it for a short period, but the hormones caused me terrible anxiety and breathing problems and weight gain. I came off it at my gynae instruction due the the gasping for breath danger.
I'm now doing things naturally, with a good balanced diet, excercise ( which helps balance hormones) and good supplements.
The other reason is that when you come off hrt you will also have to still deal with the flushes etc at that time, unless you want to stay on it for life.
A lot of private consultants forget to mention this as they enjoy their huge fees..

What is your bmi? I have a feeling that a bmi in the mid area of your range helps for a good balance. Here is a paragraph from a very long document/trial that I recently found.
In multivariate analyses, women were more likely to have clinically significant hot flushes if they were less educated, were more recently menopausal, had undergone hysterectomy, or had previously used systemic estrogen (Table 4). Hot flushes were also associated with higher body mass index, higher serum FSH levels, and lower serum HDL cholesterol levels. The association with lower HDL cholesterol levels remained significant even after additional adjustment for use of statin medications. Women with clinically significant hot flushes were also more likely to concomitantly report vaginal dryness or trouble sleeping (Table 4).

Keep posted how you are getting on with hrt. I did try it too, but interested to know how it is for you. I thought it was great to begin with, but two months in I couldn't breathe. X
Pages: 1 [2]