Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New here  (Read 1185 times)

christy8

New here
« on: September 25, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »

Hi I just joined and am happy to see there is a community of women out there like me because sometimes it feels lonely!.

A bit about me.  I am 50. Honestly it shocks me to say it.  I don't know how that happened.  I got married late and do not have kids.  We tried to get pregnant but I have autoimmune issues and I was older.  Experienced loss/infertility and there are days when I was devastated and depressed.  I started experiencing peri symptoms early 40s.  I would miss periods and then became just irregular.  I have also experienced excessive bleeding and a "period" that last months and drug therapies didn't work. That ended and life was good.  Fast forward and now I have regularish periods.  Every 28 days. I also have hot flashes and hormonal surges and all that other fun stuff.  Its a journey   ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »

It certainly is and each one is different.

Browse round.  Make notes.  Some find it helps to keep a food/mood/symptom diary.  Maybe decide which symptom you would like to ease first. 

:welcomemm:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:27 PM »

I understand completely,
I'm nearly 54. And I can't believe that, !!!  :o
Where did all those years go?
I look at myself sometimes, and say out loud, ‘ God, 54..'!!!  :'(

Don't feel lonely, post away, someone's always on, ready to help, if they can
it's really great on here, ask away, there's also a ‘this n that' section, for something
different....
         :welcomemm:

Jd xx

Dancing Queen

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 10:01:22 AM »

Only 54? A mere youth! Wait till you get to 55 like me.... well I`m hoping HRT is going to give me the face and body of a 25 year old but doubt it. In my head I`m 20...30..probably 40 years younger which annoys the hell out of much of the rest of the world!  :banana: :banana: 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 10:21:47 AM »

Hahaha, ;D
Same here, my son said the other day,
‘Mom, what shoes are you wearing? You're not 20 anymore!'
Cheeky  sod.... :kick:
I can't tell you what I said back, lol.

He was only joking, he knows I hate getting older....... >:(
Then I'll do some kind of dance , like shaking my booty, or something, and he hates it,
 I get my own back.  ;D

Banta, who needs it..... ::) lol

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:31:34 PM »

Hi Christy8 - Hello and welcome.  Always someone who knows stuff or to say a kind and reassuring word regardless of what you have to say - no one judges cos one of us has probably been there!  :welcomemm:

I'm 57 in January but to my children's horror I have chosen the path to grow old disgracefully! No old lady haircuts, no old lady clothes - love animal print ha ha which is good cos it's "in" this winter.  Possibly was a magpie in a former life - if it sparkles I'm drawn straight away.  My children buy me stuff and put on the tag "another Gilly item" or "had to buy it - its so Gilly".  Sounds tacky but it all needs to be classy, one loud item at a time, but I am determined not to be turn into one of those "invisable" ladies.  No shrinking violets here although my confidence has been somewhat shot since meno.  Luckily I am tall, don't carry too much meno weight and inherited my mothers good skin.  You cant avoid old age - my lovely mother in law who I adored and who passed away last November just used it as an excuse to behave badly - with the most wicked smile on her face.

Occasionally on a really bad day the children shout "no just no"!! but hey ho - meno can be a good excuse for some things!

We want to know all about you Christy8 - post away.