Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Health anxiety [again], bloating this time...  (Read 6493 times)

Katejo

Re: Health anxiety [again], bloating this time...
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 01:19:13 PM »

Katejo - you may well have vaginal atrophy.  Get some treatment?  Read the various threads here.  VA mimics urine infection-type symptoms really well  >:( and a urine sample HAS to be sent to a Lab., a dip-stick in the Surgery does NOT show infection.  GPs are still not up-2-date with VA  :bang:  (going somewhere nice?)  ;)

Rebel - I could watch my wind bubbles move down my belly when I laid in the bath  ::).  If I massaged my belly it would release the wind  :o  :D.  Himself would ask if the jacuzzi was working  ;D .........

Drink more liquids.  Exercise gets my bowel working.  Brisk walking or gardening.
I already know about vaginal atrophy and have Estriol cream. I admit that I don't use it continuously though. Most of the time I don't have symptoms. I have read descriptions of unbearable razor like pain/burning and I have never had that.  I will use it today and take it with me on my trip. I meant to discuss trying a different one (Vagifem?) with a GP but it has become virtually impossible to request a routine appt. with a particular GP lately (compared to earlier in the year when it was relatively easy).
I know that GP's aren't up to date with VA. I had an argument with one some time ago who insisted that it wasn't safe to use for more than 3 months. She shouted at me when I suggested otherwise so I have avoided her ever since. Because of that I keep postponing another routine appt. about this.
I will try and persuade the GP today to send my sample away but, of course, I won't know the answer until I get back. That is why I get stressed about having a UTI just before my holiday.
I am going to Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and Prague.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 01:55:30 PM »

How lovely! Take your sun-screen ;-).

If you 'know' about VA you will be aware that treatment is for Life.  Every night, alternate nights, twice a week; which ever regime works it is best to keep on with it.  I think you mentioned 'that' GP previously  :-\ - who is so out of date! and this appears again to be another incidence of the message not getting through  :-\.  If your GP doesn't think it necessary to send a sample away, they are way behind!  Also, it's Friday  :-\

Which ever product you require in order to keep the vagina plumped up, let us know how you get on? 4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o and fortunately, my GP recognised symptoms and prescribed/advised accordingly. 

Enjoy yourself.  Post card please  :whist:

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »

How lovely! Take your sun-screen ;-).

If you 'know' about VA you will be aware that treatment is for Life.  Every night, alternate nights, twice a week; which ever regime works it is best to keep on with it.  I think you mentioned 'that' GP previously  :-\ - who is so out of date! and this appears again to be another incidence of the message not getting through  :-\.  If your GP doesn't think it necessary to send a sample away, they are way behind!  Also, it's Friday  :-\

Which ever product you require in order to keep the vagina plumped up, let us know how you get on? 4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o and fortunately, my GP recognised symptoms and prescribed/advised accordingly. 

Enjoy yourself.  Post card please  :whist:
yes I did mention that GP before. I get UTI symptoms either before a holiday or on a Friday (or both together)! pharmacists are out of date too. Another one came up with the old 'Drink cranberry juice' advice this morning!

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »

You really couldn't make it up  >:(  ::)

I found that when I didn't drink 'enough' in the evening my bladder would irritate all night.  Same if we are out for the day and I don't drink my 'usual' amount, the next day I feel quite odd  :-\ ........

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »

You really couldn't make it up  >:(  ::)

I found that when I didn't drink 'enough' in the evening my bladder would irritate all night.  Same if we are out for the day and I don't drink my 'usual' amount, the next day I feel quite odd  :-\ ........
I saw the same GP as last time. He did a quick urine test and found nothing. He couldn't send a sample away because of it being Friday afternoon and the next collection isn't until Monday. He gave me a request form so I can have one done on my return without having an appointment if needed. I will just have to rely on using the Estriol (got a prescription for more as I was  running low) and i have got a 3 day Trimethroprim to take with me in case I need it. Just have to keep my fingers crossed.
I wish I could risk taking the Estriol in my hand luggage but I doubt they would allow it at the airport. i asked at the pharmacy about that but they didn't know.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 07:22:59 PM »

Have a look on the specific air-line for advice or ask your GP?  You should be able take necessary medication with you, also carry a prescription signed by your GP?  I have one even though we don't leave the Island.

Don't take the Anti-biotic, but do take pain relief.  Also plenty of moisturiser to keep the outer lips supple. 

Katejo

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 07:48:58 PM »

Have a look on the specific air-line for advice or ask your GP?  You should be able take necessary medication with you, also carry a prescription signed by your GP?  I have one even though we don't leave the Island.

Don't take the Anti-biotic, but do take pain relief.  Also plenty of moisturiser to keep the outer lips supple.
I don't take a prescription but I have a photo of the official list of my prescribed medication. Also original containers with labels. I have never been asked to show anything.
Re. Estriol in hand luggage. Too late to ask GP now. I could ask at airport tomorrow before checking my main bag in. A pharmacist there might be able to advise. They must get asked. My local Boots didn't know.
I have plenty  pain relief but I limit taking  ibuprofen as much as possible because of the risk to kidneys (and it irritates my stomach a bit too). I restrict it to an occasional dose. I do have moisturiser.
Can now try to look forward to tomorrow! This is the trip I am doing  https://www.explore.co.uk/holidays/budapest-to-prague

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »

Have a lovely time!  Do it whilst you can .........

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 09:53:09 PM »

How R U Rebel?   Did you try any wind relieving tablets, I find Rennies helpful for indigestion as necessary and Colpermin - peppermint capsules swallowed within the hour of my main meals has helped in the past.  It was IBS that was causing the symptoms similar to those which you describe.

Smokey1234

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2018, 01:49:46 PM »

Mint tea is really good for bloating and works fairly quickly too.

Chestersmum

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 02:19:15 PM »

I see a private nutritionist and it has helped me enormously. I can suggest ‘bone broth ‘ I have a mug most days it's so healing (I had IBS for thirty years and it's now gone) . You can get a nice recipe on Josh Axe website. Its very tasty. I also use RE-mag magnesium which has hugely helped my gut health . Check out Dr Carolyn Deans website on magnesium. I take Heathers Tummy Fibre too and optibac probiotics (very good make). These are all small things but might help your comfort levels. It takes time . Worth a try . The bone broth helps immune system too very tasty. They sell it at coffee bar in Planet Organic if you have a store near you . Hope you feel better.
Pages: 1 [2]