Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Thin Hair  (Read 2949 times)

Rosebush

Thin Hair
« on: January 26, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Have had hair loss now for about 8years (I am 68) and after every hair wash I get a small ball of hair out of my sink drainer, my hair now is just like fluff, very flat, and lifeless, have tried loads of 'volume' shampoo's/conditioners over the years, but none work, just wondered if anyone else is suffering the same, and has found a good product that actually works.?  x

ellie

Re: Thin Hair
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »

Rose bush do you blo dry your hair ?  And if you do what products have you tried?

carol100

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 07:59:45 AM »

I had hysterectomy in 2015 and my hair was very thin and lifeless afterwards, I also lost some hair around the crown which was upsetting. I used Toppik hair fibres to fill it in which worked. Then last May I started to take B3 tablets as I read it was good for dry eyes which I also suffer from. About a month ago I realised I hadn't put any Toppik on my hair for a while and on looking at my bald patch I realised it was gone. My hair seems to have grown back. I looked up more about B3 and found it is good for circulation and it does promote hair growth, it is used in products like Viviscal. I am really pleased with my hair now it feels so much better. Hope this helps.

Linsey44

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »

Hi

Im surgical meno but on oestrogek, so my hair is currently good, directly after my surgery i lost a lot but the oesteogen has brought it back to health and im dreading the day i stop hrt.

I use organic shampoo and conditioner and a product called reconnect they are by a brand phylia de m and is aimed at promoting new growth, how successful this would be for you i dont know,  there is also a product called superior hair complex. 

Linseyx

Rosebush

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »

Ladies a big thank you for your replies  :-* I have tried Toppik a few years ago, but it didn't really look right, just clumped in my parting, I will however try B3 and other hair products mentioned, will give anything a go, just want my hair to feel like 'hair' and not 'fluff'   :'(

I do blow dry my hair and use root lifting serums, I am now trying yet another one from Boots, i'm staying at my Sons for a week and came without it  :( so cannot post the name, but will do next Saturday to see if anyone else is using same brand..

I can remember using Redken, Nanogen and a few Bumble one's, I just keep going back to Boots and buying stuff from Amazon, but nothing as helped so far, with making my hair feel any stronger or added volume :'( Lost count of how many conditioners I have used, I try them for 6weeks then go onto something else, its costs me a fortune over the years, my Sisters always end up with near full bottles of all sorts  ::)

Will post if anything works for me, I am off on long stay holiday 3rd week of Feb and would love to find something before I go..xx

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »

Hi ladies try warming some raw organic cold pressed coconut oil and massage into your scalp and hair.wrap in a warm towel and leave for 5 mins then you can rinse off when you feel ready.do this once or twice a week or whenever time allows and you should see the benefits in a month.xx,you can buy from amazon or Holland and Barrett Lucy Bee is a good brand xx

Annika

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 01:00:39 AM »

Mine got pretty thin too it was bothering me as my parting was getting wider and wider. I have always colored my hair and decided perhaps it would be better to let it go for a while and see what happened. Well I have completely stopped using the hair color with ammonia and gone for a quick rinse with the semi permanent. Its alot more gentle to use and my hair has filled in to almost back to normal again. Hope this might help some of the ladies here.

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 10:51:02 AM »

My grandma did the massage and hair wrap  - only with olive oil and a plastic bag and leaving it overnight.  ;D  She used to swear it was the best thing ever.  When it was in good condition, she would have a light perm from a trusted hairdresser to fluff it up a bit, but that is a bit passé now  ::) 

My hairdresser has suggested I use a bit of colour as it thickens the hairs - I usually have about 3 colours put in - one the same as my natural colour, a golden one and a mid tone so that it blends in nicely (not a stripey effect  :o ) and does not need too much maintenance when it grows out.  (can't cope with going every 8 weeks).

Rosebush

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »

Ladies got my B3 yesterday from H&B, hope they work for me..i also suffer with dry eyes and use prescription gels, so maybe the B3 will help there too.. :)

Annika what 'brand' of rinse colour do you use, will give that a try, I do find after using my blonde tint, my hair does feel a little thicker for about a week, but still fluffy & no body..

I am back on H&B web site looking for organic coco oil, also researching reconnect, will give anything a try, would be nice to see if any small difference shows over next 2 weeks, before my holidays, that way I will know what to pack. Thankyou Ladies. :-*

Annika

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 06:35:37 PM »

Hi Rosebush after using the ammonia haircolors for decades I switched to Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color in a light Brown which is not to dark for me.  I also began using a few of those Olive oil hair masks twice a month for deep conditioning and turned the hairdryer to a cooler setting...anyway it does seemed to have worked because my hair is so much thicker than it was thank goodness I was getting worried :) I see far less scalp now and it only takes 10 mins to do the color so I'm happy.

jaycee

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »

Superdrug are advrtising a hair regrowth shampoo and also a spray which i believe according to reviews has a good result
I meant to have a look when i went to town yesyerday but forgot all about it
My hair is much thinner than it used to be but no bald patches yet
My mothers and grndmothers hair got very thin on top, and i dread mine going the same way, will try the B3

Rosebush

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 11:49:36 AM »

Hi ladies, back from long stay hols, and used B3 for 15weeks all told, and sadly no difference in hair, now back home and trying the coconut oil & Clairol hair tint, will keep that going for 6weeks to see if any difference, and post.. :-*