Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colonoscopy panic  (Read 4393 times)

Kathleen

Re: Colonoscopy panic
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »

Hello HorsesHorses.

Sorry to hear about your Ulcerative Colitis diagnosis. I was diagnosed with UC in 2010 and have been fortunate to only have one mild flare in 2013 and completely well since. My last colonoscopy showed a normal colon. My maintenance med is Mezevant XL 1200 slow release and I take two tablets daily.

I have done a lot of research on the subject and consequently I have given up all dairy. I also eat a whole food, plant based diet which involves lots of fibre but you may find that difficult if you don't get on with veggies.

I suggest you keep experimenting and doing your own research as it is possible to live well and symptom free.

Take care.

K.

Dancinggirl

Re: Colonoscopy panic
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »

Horseshorses - after my awful experience of divertuculitis last year, my whole digestive system was really sensitive and I was opening my bowels 3-4 times a day and was frightened to eat lots of things.
My brother in law, who is a gastroenterologist, suggested I follow a low residue diet and then gradually add in more food groups so I could tell what upset my digestion. This also allowed my digestive system to heal itself and I can now eat a broader range of foods. I have cut out milk and eat lactose free cheese - I've replaced milk with soya or oat milk.
I still can't eat any of the onion group or peppers and greens give me awful wind but I'm doing much better these days. It's taken nearly a year of being very careful with my diet though - still small meals regularly and try to eat slowly. DG x
 Do look up this type if diet to see if it helps you.
It could also be worth trying digestive enzyme supplements as I find these have really helped.
Pages: 1 [2]