Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: since starting HRT  (Read 1260 times)

djkittens

since starting HRT
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:18:20 PM »

hi I am 3 weeks into starting my hrt patches and have started the progesterone (week 3 ) but since I have been feeling heavy headed and very on edge and anxious and just want to lay down also have been very snappy and irritated, is this normal ?. I feel like I need to stop taking it. Any thoughts.

Thanks for any comments  dj

Taz2

Re: since starting HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:54:23 PM »

The first couple of months can be difficult with PMT type symptoms during the progesterone phase but these may settle. Are you on Evorel patches as they contain Norethisterone which some women find can give irritability, low mood etc,?

Advice is to try each HRT for three months to give your body a chance to settle.

Taz x  ;)

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »

Hi,
I have always been afunny old bird with regards to progesterone. I was really dreading that part. I started on ellestte 1mgs sequential.  Lo and behold within 4 days of staring that part nausea, twitchy just felt wired. Changed it to femeston 1/10 what a difference- now have no side effects that are noticeable. I was like this on the pill though and changed it 3-4 times before i found a good one. You could wait until you are back to oestrogen and see if your symptoms get better, or have a chat with gp about changing the progesterone.

djkittens

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:34:04 PM »

yes evorel patches.  But I think I am gonna stop them, cant wait 6 weeks to get a gp appointment.  I cant stand it anymore and its making me aggressive, not like me at all, cant see it getting better if its this bad.  If I don't continue, Do I just stop, as I have only just started hrt and I am on week 3, or finish the progesterone stage first to encourage a bleed or is it ok just to stop.  Also if I do stop and I don't have a bleed would that be anything to worry about (previous and up to taking hrt, no bleed for 10 months). Thanks for all your comments by the way. DJ

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »

It's the withdrawal of progesterone which initiates a bleed so as you've begun the progesterone patches you will probably experience one whether you stop now or go to the end of this pack.

It does take three months of any HRT to see if it is right for you and I would say that all of them may give side effects to start with. The side effects often lessen over these three months. It depends on how bad your meno symptoms are as to whether you want to ride out the current problems for the next couple of months and then if you are still feeling as bad you could go back to your doc for a different type having given Evorel  a proper trial.

Taz x  :hug: