Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 52 one month into HRT and feeling worse!  (Read 2175 times)

Jo16!

52 one month into HRT and feeling worse!
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:28:27 AM »

I was prescribed Elleste duet after being on Cerazette (desogesterol) for about 10 years. I was given this due to bad PMT and periods. GP suggested I try being off everything for a bit but I didn't want to go back to any of that. Blood tests showed FSH of 39. So GP recommended Elleset instead. I now feel worse after one month. Just at the tail end of a horrid crampy period (not had one in years) and huge boobs, very sleepy and anxious. Its worse than the symptoms before. can I go back to the progesterone only or any other suggestions. Main Menopause symptoms were anxiety, mood swings, fatigue, brain fog and occasional flushes
any suggestions?
thanks x

Daisydot

Re: 52 one month into HRT and feeling worse!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:41:41 AM »

Hi Jo16 and welcome x
I'm on oestrogel only as no womb so I don't have any experience of this but a lot if the ladies swear by the Mirena coil for progesterone and the oestrogel pump,I use the oestrogel and it really has improved my life so maybe you could have a chat with your gp for advice.
I'm sure some of the other ladies will come along and give you the benefit of their wisdom so just hang in there they are a lovely bunch xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Jo16

You could have a Mirena fitted and then just add in some oestrogen as gel or patch - this is the best option if you want to attempt a non bleed HRT regime in peri meno - although only 60% of women are bleed free with the Mirena, it should give fewer and lighter bleeds if you do have them.  At this early stage in you peri meno your own hormones may be fluctuating and it can take some months for things to settle on any HRT regime.

You could go back to progesterone only but you may find this doesn't help the flushes.  DG x

Jo16!

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 05:53:42 PM »

Thanks, went to GP today and she gave me Klivance so I don't have a bleed, as I had the most horrific period on Elleste. Not sure if this will work as I have a feeling I might be sensitive to both sadly. I will give it a go though. My flushes were not that bad but intermittent but the other symptoms were mood anxiety etc I will keep the coil and pump idea and give this one a try for a while 🤞

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 09:01:28 AM »

Hi Jo16 - How old are you ?  Using a conti HRT like Kliovance may be OK but if you are peri menopause you may get some erratic bleeding on this. Your FSH wasn't that high so I'm wondering if you are not actually full post menopause yet?  You may get some bleeding and spotting on the Kliovance which is normal in the first few months but this should stop within 6 months.  The Mirena would still be your best option I'm afraid with Oestrogel or oestrogen patch alongside.   DG x

Jo16!

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »

Hi that's what i think, just been put onto Kliovance 2 weeks ago and my breasts are huge and really sore, will I be ok just switching back to progesterone only pill? As I have been on cerazette prior to this trial of hrt and was fine, reckon the hrt is too much

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »

I responded to you on your other thread. Try a sequential hrt like Femoston 1:10. Or have a Mirena fitted and use oestrogen as gel or patch. DG x

Jo16!

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »

Yes I saw that thanks DG.