Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello ! 6 months on ...  (Read 1514 times)

Binks

Hello ! 6 months on ...
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:04:46 PM »

Hi there,
I'm 50 and started with flushes at 44.  No support offered from gp and symptoms Jed me to reigning from my headteacher job and taking a najoosive pay cut. Luckily left me more time and I found out about taking hrt before full menopause - no one had ever told me that was a possibility. From age 47 I developed very bad arthritis that I was convinced linked to oestrogen . After two year battle started from seven patches 2 months before 50th birthday. Arthritis went within two months but patches kept falling off. Switched to evirel but covered in glue. Switched to estrigen gel in February and haven't looked back . Did jne cycle of Provera but felt so depressed I haven't used it since . My body has tried to have a period each month without the progesterone but never quite made it. Back to drs this week and requested utrogestan , a lot of tutting later and I am going to do 12 days starting tonight.  As per nhs website I'm going to do it every three months not monthly . The gp ( lead in my area) offered no advice or support. I mentioned I had a sore wrist . She snapped ‘make another appintment' , at a and e a day later with what was a broken wrist . Good job I didn't wait for another appintment !  Excuse any typos - it's the wrist and typing with wrong hand !