Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Which get to take?  (Read 2716 times)

Deborahlouise

Which get to take?
« on: June 05, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »

Hello. New to forum. I was given the website address by my doctor.
I am 44. I've been going through perimenopause for 4 years. Flushes at first. Tried evoril conti patches a few years ago and came off as they made me have bad pmt symptoms just as the pill dud years ago. I then used natural eostrogens in food which was fine. Now I'm having flushes with a vengeance abd do tired plus putting on weight. I'm off to the doctors tomorrow. Could someone recommend a gentle hrt which won't send me mental please?  Will they also help with my energy and aching joints?   Have others had bad mood swings on the evoril patches.  I don't know which is worse. How tearful and tired I am now, or aggressive and insecure on the high progesterone one ( the doctor thought that was why at the time). Periods have been sporadic with last one 3 months ago. Haven't worried about contraception for the last year. Thanks in advance for any help.  Deborah.

Dancinggirl

Re: Which get to take?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 02:08:23 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm

Look under TREATMENTS on this site to see the options.
Many women find using Conti hrt gives more problems because it involves using progesterone well the time- so many women stick with a sequi hrt regime and put up with a monthly bleed as this will give fewer side effects.   I would suggest you try Femoston 1:10 next as this has a gentler progesterone.
It is trial and error finding an HRT that suits but at your age you do need HRT to protect your heart and bones for the long term.
Some find that the Mirena with separate Oestrogen as gel or patch can be good. There is also Utrogestan which is a bioidentical progesterone which some find easier to tolerate if used vaginally.
I suspect it's the progesterone that caused your pmt type problems so you have to try different ones - just give any hrt type 3 months to settle as it's not good to chop and change.
DG x

Deborahlouise

Re: Which get to take?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 06:30:07 PM »

Thanks DG for the detailed response. I can talk to my doctor about these tomorrow. I really appreciate uoir help Thankyou. X