Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sore breasts and deodorants  (Read 6612 times)

ElkWarning

Re: Sore breasts and deodorants
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »

I remember tippex - sorry, had a bit of an up and down couple of weeks.

/hugs.

Daisydot

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »

Well another change again.breast pain continued to increase even without using under arm stuff so it wasn't that.ive now reduced my oestrogel after researching the effects of too high oestrogen levels and it's definitely having some changes, breasts not so painful esp around nipple area and tongue tingling has eased off this is probably the best I've been for weeks with both these issues.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 02:54:32 PM »

That's good Daisydot.

Daisydot

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 08:20:22 AM »

I've now decided to completely cut out caffeine and stay with lower dose of oestrogel,the soreness varies so much daily sometimes no pain at all other times drives me nuts,it's like mastitis I'm back at consultant soon so I'll get his opinion if it's still going on.x

dahliagirl

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »

How is it going - I seem to be having a resurgence and cannot find a bra that does not make it worse.  I usually blame my bras - cannot find a comfortable one.  ::)

AgathaC

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 05:38:25 AM »

Breast pain is my overriding perimenopause problem. It fuels my anxiety which then makes me worry about my boobs all the time.
Anyway, on to the breast discomfort itself: mine is three weeks out of four. Hot and sore and tender and heavy and lumpy. Radiates out to my armpits.
What helps? I wear a bra 24/7. I take starflower/borage oil every day (Holland and Barrett is the best I think). I get them checked at least once a year to try to help with the anxiety (examination and ultrasound).
Regarding deodorants/anti perspirants: I have used Mitchum for 20 years. Love it. But decided to try Bionsen this year. Did not work at all - gave me sweaty, acidy armpits. Yuck.
My books say avocado and bananas help. No idea whether they help but I try and eat them a lot. Might cut out the middle (wo)man and start smearing them over the boobs and armpits to see if it helps. A natural fruit deodorant  ;D  ;D ;D
Without sounding weird, I have big boobs and wonder if it might help if they were smaller.
No joke - sometimes it is so bad I have thought about asking for a mastectomy.
Regarding bras: M and S cross your heart firm support best in my opinion.

AgathaC

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 02:44:35 AM »

Thank yoh, Jeaniewigs. I would go to M&S straight away but it doesn't open up early where I live for mad women like me who wander around the house at 3am! I will get some of those for sleeping in xxx I've been sleeping in normal bras and I have to say that I have red marks all the time xxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 05:29:20 PM »

I can't see any £12.50 ones.  £9.50?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 06:45:27 PM »

Are you here or there - you are in black again  :-\

AgathaC

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 09:48:19 PM »

Black, purple mix, white and yellow. They look very attractive, I must say. I have ordered one to start with. Worried that the thinish straps might not hold up my large watermelon sized appendages. Thanks again for the advice Daisy Dot and looking forward to trying xxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »

I'm on an F these days  :-X

AgathaC

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 05:25:11 PM »

So, in an attempt to sort myself out, I've had no sugar for 5 days. My big problems are anxiety which I thought it could help directly and my boobs which I thought it could help indirectly (less sugar = weight loss = smaller boobs). No difference to report yet (other than terrible headaches on day 2 which have completely gone now). I think my skin looks better though. I'm going to add dairy on your suggestion Daisy Dot and I will report back. I will then add gluten. Thanks for the tips, including the lovely bralets which I am very happy with xxx

Tiddles

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2018, 08:18:20 PM »

Hi CLKD, no it hasn't - I work in a research setting in a medical school.  The state of play is currently that more evidence is needed.  A recent paper (published by scientists, in the scientific press) stated: 'Many component cosmetic chemicals with oestrogenic properties have been measured as present in human breast tissue or human milk, and direct confirmation of the ability of these chemicals (parabens, phthalates, sunscreens) to be absorbed from topical application in cosmetic cream into the human body has also been published … long-term topical exposure of hands to embalming creams can result in endocrine disruption to the whole human body, and in particular can affect breast tissue … More recent studies report endocrine disruption in women at both young and old age following inappropriate exposure to oestrogenic chemicals in personal care products … Increasing numbers of the component chemicals in cosmetics are now known to possess oestrogenic activity … '  You get the picture.  Source - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797685/.  The author of this paper is Professor Dabre, School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading.

This is scary stuff! I've never heard of concerns about handcream before.  Thanks for posting Elkwarning !

Conolly

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2018, 09:10:03 PM »

Hi ladies,

I have sore breasts (and armpits) from time to time and my postmenopausal oestrogen/prog/testo levels have been flat low for the last 2 years. My gynae and I agree that this is probably an immune reaction, inflammation or allergy, to what exactly we don't know.

I don't sweat anymore so no deodorants/antiperspirants needed. A bit of talc is enough. I feel like a child again, before puberty. I think my sweat glands are gone, the sebaceous glands and hair follicles are dying slowly. Sometimes I feel like I belong to a different species, something like those asexual ET's  ::)

Conolly X

Tiddles

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 07:12:12 AM »

Great to hear Daisydot - I hope that continues for you x
Pages: 1 [2] 3