Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Losing your looks  (Read 24452 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Losing your looks
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2018, 09:53:09 PM »

I must agree,Connolly,
Losing my sanity, and compassion would be horrendous.
At least I can dress myself up and apply makeup to try n make myself
look better, but what would I be like without my sanity and everything else.
Don't want to think about it, it's far too scary.......

Jd x

tika

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2018, 07:25:14 AM »

I think this is a terrific organization, and does so much to lift women's confidence and self esteem  who have cancer, throughout the UK

https://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/

arc73

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2018, 12:10:40 PM »

Rock climbing, hiking and tinted moisturiser/under eye brightener ;)

I've always been active, but felt I was just starting to look tired all the time. I haven't generally worn makeup unless for a special event, but have found a tiny bit now makes me feel a bit brighter.

Always having some role models who are a bit (or a lot - just seen Sheila Hancock in Edie) older to look up to stops me looking back at what I'm not anymore

knorman

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2018, 07:01:38 AM »

My mum, who I have always thought very beautiful (think I look more like my dad!) says to enjoy what I still have now. She is 80 and at 57, she still sees a fairly young woman (that short sightedness again!) and strangely, I had been telling my young niece the same, as she is unable to see how lovely she is. Looks do not compensate for ill health, but a bit of glamour and femininity does help us face the outside world with a bit more confidence.  I have now started having the odd evening out (I have CFS/ME and evenings out are quite challenging) and most of them its just clean hair and a bit of lippy, the rest just takes too much effort at the moment! Daisydot, keep being a young girl and keep the flag flying, like your style!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2018, 10:27:37 AM »

Yeah knorman.
Totally agree, we just CANNOT give up!
I think if we do, we'll never get out of our own personal black holes,(when they appear)
and we'd stay ‘old' for good.....my moto is, never give up.
My mom, even when she had dementia, and was in hospital, still asked
me to bring her ‘pan stick' in so she could apply it. Lol she never forgot about that.
Bless her.  So no, I'll never give up, I'll always strive to make myself look the best
I can....

Jd x also , knorman, good for you, keep it up babe, we have to keep going.....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:17:40 AM by jillydoll »

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »

We cant give up ladies im a big fan of getting my hair done and putting on my lippy. Also a good push up bra and spanx helps you look a hell of a lot better and thinner ;)

knorman

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2018, 05:28:14 AM »

jillydoll, thank you for telling us about your mum, it brought a smile to my face to think of her looking her best. x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »

Thank you knorman.
That's ok...

Jd x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2018, 09:50:00 PM »

If I had all the money in the World every day I would have my hair washed, scalp massaged and once a week, an all-over massage ..... nothing fancy, simply relaxing whilst someone oils away any tension.

I rarely look in the mirror  ;)

Rotchana

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2018, 10:33:40 PM »

I'm struggling with this too. The visceral fat makes me look very portly, which in turn, makes me feel frumpy.   The lines from the corners of mouth down towards my chin give me a permanent miserable scowl so I've had them filled.  I've had my eyebrows tattooed into a beautiful shape and that has helped my confidence.  I've lost a front tooth too, so look like a crone, but am in the process of getting that seen to.  Beige coloured wedges are comfy and lengthen the legs.  But this robin redbreast shape is awful.

loveydovey

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »

Drooping Jowls :'( :'( :'(
Now double chin :'( :'( :'(
If something was guranteed to fix the drooping Jowls, like fillers, trust me i would,
I hate watching myself age, :o

Dancing Queen

« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »

I remember my Mum saying to me that I was too old to wear mini skirts at 30... I`m still wearing them at 55! My legs are still OK so I figure if people are looking at them they aren`t looking at my wrinkly face...and yes I hate the way hair starts sprouting everywhere you don`t want it to. But no I`m not going to grow old gracefully. Mutton dressed as lamb as my Mum would have said, bless her. Going to an 80s party this weekend which involves a flourescent pink tutu, legwarmers and fingerless gloves and a basque. Bring it on!  :D

puddlesmum

« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2018, 07:07:58 PM »

I never had the looks back then let alone now. I've got to the point where even being morbidly obese, I've hidden away for too long. I'm never going to be Claudia Schiffer so might as well just get on with things. I only turned heads when they were laughing at me anyway.

grumpyjane

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2018, 09:12:25 PM »

Today I went to the bank (here in Brazil) and they automatically directed me to the "preferential" queue. ie. for those of a certain age! Not good for one's self-image  ;D

Tempest

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2018, 03:24:15 PM »

After withdrawing from a very nasty but fairly brief run in with Venlafaxine over the last week (never again) - I can honestly say that I look like Michael Keaton in 'Beetlejuice'. Just what I need to add to my surgical menopausal 'look' - nice....... :o :'( :-\ xxxx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10