Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Starting a low dose hrt  (Read 5643 times)

paisley

Re: Starting a low dose hrt
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 04:57:59 PM »

I know exactly what you mean. I used oestrogel years ago & it took a little while to dry. I do like the concept of the spray & it does dry really quickly. Sod's law though I start to feel a little better & then I have a major family crisis to contend with & we all know what stress does to our HRT. I wonder sometimes if someone from above is looking down on us & picks her, her & her to suffer😗😗

Daisydot

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 05:39:57 PM »

Did you manage to get your repeat order for lenzetto spray ok paisley,I hope the supply problems have eased off there now.Yes it would be great if it was available in the U.K. but you never know it might happen one day,I do hope so.x

Tempest

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 10:04:20 PM »

Oh, you know it Paisley!!! I've been hit with a stomach virus - started yesterday. It's rife at the moment with the heat here (we're not used to it in Scotland)! So all the joys of that plus extra hot flushes (I hate them - I get an 'aura' with mine. Do you get this too)? :(

I'm so sorry you have a family crisis too - we just need a quiet retreat somewhere where we are allowed to adjust in our own time without 'life' throwing a spanner in the works! I hope it resolves quickly for you . xxxx

paisley

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 02:39:15 PM »

Daisydot, yes thanks because of what you said I ordered it the other day & got it. I am on day 47 of first spray at mo so a little bit more time before I start the new one. It is very good value for money. At the moment I take only 1 spray(might need to up it after 3 months) which costs a little over 10€ & you get 52 sprays for 52 days xx
Tempest I hope you get over your stomach bug soon. I hate being ill because that also messes with your hormones doesn't it & makes everything worse. I would so love a women's menopause retreat. The only thing is I could be there a long time. It has already been 8 years with peri & then hyster. My family would wonder what had happened to me. 😉 It's true though meno makes everything else that is going on in your life worse, stress & illness. No I don't get auras with flushes & to be honest the flushes for me were never that bad, it was always the mental problems that go with meno. Xx

Tempest

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 03:15:15 PM »

Thank you, Paisley! How do you feel today?  I know what you mean about being at a retreat a loooong time! :o

I'm so glad you don't get these blinkin' aura's! They are like a mini panic attack before a flush. I also get these surges of adrenaline that can last hours - no anxious thoughts attached - it just feels quite excruciating at times. I refuse to call it anxiety as I'm not 'driving' it!

I recently got a copy of Dr Vliet's 'Screaming To Be Heard' abd I have to say it's THE bible as far as all things hormonal goes. I understand what is going on so much better! I have read a few books on menopause, but nothing that explains the whole hormonal stramash like this. What a remarkable woman she is! For instance - low estrogen raises norepinephrine and it can get out of control (aka adrenaline),  steady estrogen levels keep cortisol in check (the weight gain hormone and another stress hormone), and........most of the brain's estrogen receptors are in the amygdala. The part of the brain that is responsible for the anxiety response and that responds to valium. It's mainly mad fluctuations or a sudden drop that 'shocks' this brain region. Make sense? I know it did to me! Explains so much about my responses to HRT when trying to stabilise and how I felt when I stopped HRT.

If you can get a copy and you fancy it - do!!! It's a massive tome - I got a very good used copy from Amazon at a very reasonable price. xxxx

Daisydot

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 03:32:14 PM »

Thanks tempest I've just ordered a used hard back copy I still prefer reading from a book lol.great info thank you for sharing xx

Tempest

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 03:36:01 PM »

Daisydot, you are going to be BLOWN AWAY by this book! I kid you not! I'm so glad you've ordered a copy - you won't be able to put it down. Let me know how you like it! xxxx

Daisydot

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 04:30:49 PM »

I will tempest it'll be here 01st to 05th June,I'm presently reading Michael Mosleys the clever guts diet that's a great wee read too I like him he's very down to earth and I love the way he actually acts as a guinea pig on his tv series .thanks again I'll enjoy that.xx

Lisa1966

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »

Maybe I should buy a copy each for the drs in my surgery lol 😂 x

Daisydot

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 05:14:05 PM »

Good idea Lisa xx

paisley

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »

Wow that is so strange Tempest i have the same book. I too bought it of Amazon about 5 years ago & you are right  it is excellent reading. She explains it so well. Apart from the mental things I do get the feeling like I am going to pass out but haven't had that for a while. I really hate the adrenaline rushes too. I used to be such a laid back person. Nothing fazed me.
Daisydot that book sounds interesting. I am reading Kelly Brogans book at the moment called “A mind of your own” & she is really into the gut brain connection.

Tempest

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 06:07:40 PM »

It's all in there isn't it, Paisley? I agree with the mind/gut connection - seeing as we have more seratonin receptors in our gut than we do in the brain! Probably why i'm feeling particularly rough today with this stomach virus...... and it's an obscene 28 degrees here in Scotland today. Unheard of! My neuro. was talking about cooling garments to prevent pseudo MS flares, but laughed and said you probably won't need them due to our weather. I bet he's eating his words now.....!:o

Lisa - yup! They all need a copy. And if they won't read it, then it makes a great cosh. It's a weighty book - maybe we could just bash some sense into them! ;D xxxx

Lisa1966

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »

Sounds like a plan tempest 😁 xx

Tempest

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 12:35:14 PM »

Where you be, Paisley? Hope you're doing ok! I've just started 25mcg Estradot which is the equivalent of what you're using in Lenzetto spray, if you want to compare notes. xxxx

paisley

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 01:58:41 PM »

Hi Tempest
Sorry haven't been on for a while. Just having a break. How are you feeling on your patch? I am still up & down & I think like all you lovely ladies said I need to up the oestrogen. I have been on 1 spray for over 2 months now & determined to give it 3 months before I increase. Stubborn aren't I? When will you get your oestrogel?
Pages: 1 [2] 3