Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estrogel, abdominal bloating and wind ?  (Read 3772 times)

Kkay

Estrogel, abdominal bloating and wind ?
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:32:00 AM »

Hello ladies,

I am on Estrogel (the Spanish version, Oestroclin actually) 2.5 puffs a day and am increasingly suffering from really painful intestinal bloating and wind. Has anyone else noted this? Could it be a sign of too much estrogel ?

Thanks everyone....

Rosie63

Re: Estrogel, abdominal bloating and wind ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:38:03 AM »

Hi Kkay.  Yes, I have had to stopp taking Estrogel because of this same problem which is disappointing because it managed my meno symptoms well.  I tried taking a good probiotic, Colpamin, Colofac and and Mebeverine and other things like Windeze but nothing seemed to help. I suffer with IBS and thought it might be aggravating that. Do you have a stomach disorder that might be affected?

I'm not sure what the answer is but hopefully someone will be along shortly with some suggestions.

Rosie63 x

TNM45689

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »

Hi

I have just started with Estradot and Utrogestan and I feel my tummy has expanded triple fold and yes gassy, wind - not sure which is causing this.
Tx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:20:00 AM »

HRT used transdermally shouldn't cause digestive issues.  There might be a ‘settling down' period when first started as the oestrogen is waking up that whole lower abdominal area, so essentially oestrogen should actually help digestion as it improves muscle and skin strength and our digestive system is skin and muscle.
HRT in pill from can and does give some heartburn for some women if not taken with food.

I would offer the usual advice:  small meals often, avoid fizzy drinks, alcohol and all caffeine, small portions at regal intervals and eat slowly. Drink peppermint tea and perhaps try probiotics and digestive enzymes.

It will take 6-12 weeks for the body to welcome and adjust to any hormones.  DG x

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 07:45:07 AM »

You could try half a glass of kefir milk in the morning it leaves probiotics standing with its gut and health benefits especially for ibs.have a google about it.its like a drinkable yoghurt you can make it as a breakfast smoothie it's much more palatable that way.try to include some unpasteurised sauerkraut in your diet too as fermented food stuffs really are good in balancing the gut flora.x