Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Too much or not enough estrogen?  (Read 2391 times)

Lisa1966

Too much or not enough estrogen?
« on: May 18, 2018, 10:20:26 AM »

Hi ladies,I was put on sandrena gel 0.5,but increased to 1mg as was still getting hot flushes.i still get occasional hot flushes,but I can cope with that,it's this feeling in my tummy,which is hard to explain,but I think it's a sort of nervousness,an unsettled feeling,a little nauseous and feel weak,especially my legs. I don't know if it's too much estrogen or not enough,or is this something u just have to live with? I hope u very knowledgeable ladies will be able to steer me in the right direction.
          Thank you
             Lisa x

Dancinggirl

Re: Too much or not enough estrogen?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »

I expect your body is adjusting. Give things time. DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »

I used to get all jittery when I was on a high oestrogen patch, and then would feel better if I reduced the size patch x

Lisa1966

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 01:51:33 PM »

Thank you dg and Annie, it's making me snappy as I have quite a physically demanding job,and it's as if my body is screaming that it needs something,but I don't know what it needs. I have tried 4 different types of hrt,but still not cracked it. It doesn't help that 2 of them I shouldn't have been given,even the 1 I'm on now dr gave me utovlan 5mg. I feel like giving up maybe it's not hrt I need,but had a breakdown last year and don't want to go there again,in fact I can't go there again. I would rather just end it than go down that very dark road again. The drs are useless,and I don't know what to ask for as I don't know.

Lisa x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 09:21:08 PM »

I don't have experience of sandrena but have had oestrogen by pill, patch and now gel (oestrogel) I find gel the easiest as I can squirt out the right amount, in the early days I just started low and increased half pump every few days until it felt right

Try not the give up x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:36:21 AM »

Hello Lisa 1966.

I totally sympathise with you and I am in a similar position. I also get the tummy feeling and I hate it plus  none of the HRTs I've tried have eradicated my symptoms which is very disheartening. Like you I worry that there may be something else going on but I think I should sort out my hormones first to at least rule out that problem. Also the fact that I still have flushes is a clue that the meno hasn't finished with me yet!

I think the only thing to do is to keep asking for help and try everything we can think of to feel better. So sorry that I can't offer you more but I do understand and sending hugs.

Take care.

K.

Lisa1966

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 10:11:38 AM »

Thank you Annie & Kathleen,I am going to try 1.5 mg for a few days and see what happens.i can always reduce again if not feeling any better.fingers crossed.

Lisa x

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »

It really is a balancing act and in my opinion, based on my experiences gel helps me eliminate the night sweats but not taking too much that I feel jittery, I could never achieve that on patch or pill x