Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Everol conti patches  (Read 1373 times)

Dawnies

Everol conti patches
« on: May 13, 2018, 08:56:58 PM »

Hello, I've been on the patches now for 5 weeks, I've just had a period!! Anyone else experience this? And is it normal?  :'(

Dotty

Re: Everol conti patches
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 06:40:15 AM »

Yes bleeding can be expected in first 6 months of starting new hrt. After 6 months it needs investigating .

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 08:35:28 AM »

Yes breakthrough bleeding or non-stop bleeding is common with conti HRT. It should settle as Dotty says by the six month mark. It should be detailed on the patient information leaflet.

Taz  :)

Dawnies

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »

Thank you very much for your reply's, informed doctor about this and she seems to think my body hasn't settled down as yet. Might of had eostrogen overload ! She's trying me on everol sequel or something , sorry if I've said it wrong lol! I'll give these a try . Anybody else tried these please ??

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 05:12:03 PM »

Are you post menopausal i.e. not had a period for over a year as Evorel conti is for post menopausal women?

You don't t have to apologise . The patches she has given you are Evorel Sequi which will give you a monthly withdrawal bleed. You use oestrogen only patches for the first two weeks and then different progesterone containing ones for the second two weeks.The oestrogen content is the same as in the conti patches it's the progesterone that's less.  :)
Taz x

Dawnies

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »

Thank you taz, I haven't had a period for 13 months. I've taken the patch off for now. I'm still bleeding so I'm going to see how I go without them for a while . 🙄😬 x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:10:13 PM »

You will bleed for a while due to the withdrawal of the progesterone now you have stopped the patches. Hope it stops soon for you. There are a few women on here who swapped back to sequi HRT due to bleeding on the conti HRT (me included) but it's usual to give it six months for the bleeding to settle down. I'm surprised your GP decided to change it so soon. You have that option anyway should you decide that you do need HRT.

Taz x  :)