Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Chewable Vits  (Read 1665 times)

Cassie

Chewable Vits
« on: May 08, 2018, 06:28:35 AM »

In follow up to the previous discussion on what vits us ladies are taking, I have a lot of difficulty in swallowing tablets, I have bought a liquid named Biostrath but was wondering if anyone could suggest a chewable Vit D3 and K2 tablet or a spray or liquid? I have been using the Dlux Vit D + K2 oral spray which would be perfect but its loaded with Xylitol and burns my throat, I really do not want to be taking Xylitol for years on end, any suggestions would be so appreciated, thankyou even a good multivit that contains D3 and K2, I do take a separate magnesium that is chewable.

Daisydot

Re: Chewable Vits
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 06:41:14 AM »

Hi Cassie I've just been prescribed Adcal chewable d3 supplements from gp.these also contain calcium.you should be able to buy chewable supplements otc but if not try gp first,have you had your levels tested.i was using the oral spray but obviously it wasn't enough as gp tested me and I was deficient and dxa scan showed I'd osteopenia in hips and spine so I was put on 25000 dose of liquid ViT d for 6 weeks then more blood tests to check levels plus 12 month course of Adcal and of course continue with hrt to prevent any further bone loss.maybe a good idea to have your d3 checked with gp.xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 07:14:13 AM »

A company called iHerb sells a huge range of supplements, and they do D3/K2 drops with no xylitol (brand name KAL). iHerb are in the US so of course delivery will be a wee bit pricey, but worth it if you have particular requirements and cannot source what you need from the UK. I've found them very efficient.
JP x

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 07:17:35 AM »

We all take Gummies from Heathspan. They do a mens and womens version but I buy the men's as it has zinc and selenium which the women's does not.

tika

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:55:43 AM »

I take Alive Soft Jells for Women over 50. They have the lot in, including boron and biotin, they are delicious too. I found as I get older chewables  are much easier to tolerate, my partner takes the Mens version.

I take Vit D3 in gummie form too and Vit C. I got partner off the chewable calcium and D3 his GP prescribes as they tasted chalky and an artificial sweetener that I hate.