Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lichen Sclerosis  (Read 11341 times)

racjen

Re: Lichen Sclerosis
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 10:13:50 PM »

I think the progress of mine has been slowed significantly by the high dose oral and intra-venous steroids they give you when you have chemotherapy - an unexpected beneficial side-effect of cancer treatment. But on the other hand it is one of those things that differs enormously from one person to another, so don't assume it would be as awful as these examples - plenty of women live with it without too much trouble.

Kwebst

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 10:39:17 PM »

Totally agree with you racjen. The thing I learned years ago is that it's more common for people to post if they're having the worst case senario. If things are liveable you don't tend to post on a forum as you feel you don't need the support. The majority of people with LS are able to live normal lives with  little medical intervention. There are much worst things to have.

Loo53

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »

I've just been diagnosed with LS and got given the steroid cream ( dermovate) to apply twice a day for 3 months but the only thing that got rid of the itching was using estriol cream vaginally. Now my vagina is back to normal and no itching but the anal itching still continues. My gynae said  the steroid cream must be used twice a day regularly but I still have trouble doing that as it's making my hands itch as well.
Pages: 1 [2]