Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Prempack c stopped and life’s become unbearable - new member seeking advice  (Read 3729 times)

tika

Southselly1 its a shame you can't be prescribed something similar to Prempack C as you were doing so well on it and not doing at all well on the HRT now prescribed, which is so called bio-identical. From what I have read some women do just fine on on the original HRT formulas,  and some still taking it in their 80s, before bio-identicals became more widely used.

Maybe you could go back to your GP and explain how awful you feel and maybe come up with something similar for you to try, or you might hit on a bio-identical substitute that might be fine for you. 

I still stand by my previous post that what suits you suits you. I am a new poster and just saying what I feel might be of help to some. No point in taking anything that makes you feel awful no matter how much it might suit another woman.

Dancinggirl

tiki - you are quite right. What suits one women may not suit another.  There does need to be more flexibility with HRT treatment and if all oestrogen types and progesterone types were available separately, then mixing and matching to find the right formula for each women would be possible - some appropriate training for GPs and practise nurses would help everything enormously.  DG x

Hurdity

I still stand by my previous post that what suits you suits you. I am a new poster and just saying what I feel might be of help to some. No point in taking anything that makes you feel awful no matter how much it might suit another woman.

I agree that no-one wants to nor should take anything that makes them feel awful - but as I said before - there is a distinction between what might suit someone and what might have lower risk profile. If products are phased out or withdrawn (like the horse urine oestrogens HRT types) because of new research that suggests that they may have greater adverse long-term health consequences then this has to be accepted.

Also it is the changing between prodtcs that can cause problems so hopefully once the withdrawn product has completely gone then we are able to experiment with the many different formulations that contain estradiol.

What I really disagree with is perfectly good and safe products being withdrawn for commerical reasons - like Orthogynest estriol pessaries, and Vagifem 25 mcg ( for vaginal atrophy) and the progestogen dydrogesterone as a separate product for HRT.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

Thank you all for replying

I have spent some time this last weekend researching other treatments and I'm armed with a whole new set of options

GP visit booked first thing this Friday

Let's see if my perceived GP is ‘with me' on my journey.

??? ???

How did you get on at your appointment Southselly1?

Rosie63

Hi ladies - I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread but think it is slightly relevant. I've just been reading about estrogens under treatments above and it mentions that estradiol etc is made from soya beans or yam.  I'm just wondering if this could be the reason why I experience stomach pain as soya has that affect on me and, why, I didn't suffer such side effects when I was taking Prempak.

I'm learning so much from this forum which I hope will help me get through this difficult journey.

Rosie x

Pages: 1 [2]