Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Facial Sunblock  (Read 3886 times)

Stellajane

Facial Sunblock
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:19:49 AM »

Can anyone recommend a good facial sunblock?

I have to start using one as I erupt in a rash on my face and neck every year when we have the first spring sunshine. A lot of them are really heavy and oily ........ and shiny really isn't a good look!

Dancinggirl

Re: Facial Sunblock
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »

I love the Clinique stuff -  doesn't irritate my skin. DG x

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:40:02 PM »

I have a really sensitive skin but Avon factor 50 face cream works for me and it's not too expensive.

Two hoots

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »

I use P20, it's a misleading name because it comes in factor 50. I've used it for years it's a liquid that you apply once a day before anything else, I don't need moisturiser after I've applied it but it's not greasy or oily but I have oily skin so if you have dry skin you might need a moisturiser on top.

I use factor 20 on my body and find I don't get ****ly heat when I use it.

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 02:32:53 PM »

I use Heliocare SPF 50 gel, which is non-greasy. The Heliocare products were recommended to me by a dermatologist 3 or 4 years ago, as I have sensitive skin and rosacea. I use the tinted version on my face and the untinted version on the rest of me. The products are plant-based and unscented.
JP x

Kernow

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 06:20:07 PM »

Hi Stellajane,

I was recommended to try Sunsense daily face factor 50. It's an Australian make and has a nice invisible tint finish so blends in well.
A lot of dermatologists recommend it apparently.
You can get it on Amazon for about £14.99

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »

If you struggle Stellajane try using a children's sun screen or total block,there's an ingredient missing in it that is in adults sunscreen and apparently this is what can cause the problem I just can't recall all the details so maybe google for more info,I always buy a children's sun screen and same with mossie protection as I'm super sensitive too.

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 04:14:06 PM »

PBA that's it try and get a sunscreen without PBA and use mineral based sunscreens like those contains zinc or titanium as there's less likelihood of a reaction with them.I will have to do all this myself this year as I'm reacting so badly and burning so quickly when I never used to.xx

Daisydot

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 09:30:40 PM »

I'm going to get the piz buin allergy facial sunscreen this weekend,I used to use that one in the larger sized body lotion so I'll try the face one when I'm away next week,hoping I'll need it 😂🌞

tika

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »

I have been searching for a sun screen for the face for years and years that wasn't shiny or felt heavy, I have finally found one. Its called Frezyderm Sun Screen Velvet High Second Skin Technology- Protection 30.

Its like a colorless serum and so light and goes on like a matte BB cream, I can't say how glad I am to have found it, I am through menopause but have found my face gets gets red easily over the nose and cheeks due to the sun and histamine response so very careful what I put on my face.

I did find it by accident when trawling through my yearly search for sunscreens for face.

Roadrunner

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 11:44:34 AM »

I love Clarins factor 50 anti wrinkle sun screen. Smells gorgeous too.

RRxx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »

I love Clarins factor 50 anti wrinkle sun screen. Smells gorgeous too.

RRxx

I have a lot of Clarins stuff but I've never tried that.  Will do.

Daisydot

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 12:47:25 PM »

Hi Tika I really like the look of that range I'm going to try that ty x I bought some piz buin allergy face cream today and no reaction so far but it's quite draggy on my skin,heavy,I'd prefer to try that frezyderm serum.many thanks xx

Katia

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 10:23:21 AM »

I burned with Clarins and with Bobbi Brown.  They are cosmetic sunscreens and not designed for sitting in the sun. Bobbi Brown informed me that a cosmetic spf 50 is not the same as an spf 50.  A cosmetic one is designed for walking around a bit not sunbathing.   

Daisydot

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 12:47:08 PM »

I got a makeover in Miami years ago with bobby brown products and I was so chuffed with it and my husband bought me hundreds of dollars worth of the products as a surprise,I was so allergic I couldn't use them again so my family were really pleased when I divided them up between them lol.If I even switch shower gels the breast pain I get afterwards is horrible so I have to be really selective with everything now and as I've gotten older it's worse than ever.the piz buin allergy for faces worked a treat and I have the frezyderm coming on Monday so I'll try it fingers crossed.where I had the head injury on my face there's a big scar and last year I burnt so badly on that area that I'm petrified now so I've been wearing a baseball cap to try and protect that particular area,it's a challenge isn't it ladies lol.
Pages: [1] 2