Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 17491 times)

knorman

Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 07:38:24 AM »

Yes, loud music, always loved my music and loud concerts. I wonder....?!

Before I experienced any menopause symptoms, women that had already experienced it said they thought they still had a monthly cycle.  In October I will have been two years without a period and my OH occasionally mentions that he thinks it
may be 'that time of the month'. I have no idea what he means!!! Enjoy those blissful moments when it disappears.

Hope you find someone to help with the tinnitus.  I thought I would never be able to go to a concert again (I was about 40 at the time) and was very much encouraged to keep going. Recently been to Illegal Eagles, Kate Bush Tribute and Carpenters story, all fabulous and with no noticeable effect on the ears.  Mind you, it was our local theatre, so probably not blasting out! My OHs clapping has a certain 'pitch' that has more effect on my ears (its hurts) than the music, it is really loud!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »

Crikey! my left ear/head are noisy tonight  :-\.  There's a high pitched whistle that seems to be slightly above my head on the left but must be internal 'cos it's following me around  >:(.  Now it's gone ............ replaced by a low-grade buzzing. 

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 09:18:33 AM »

I'm getting odd tinnitus back (always have some form of it going on) but I'm hearing a distant tv on but hubby can never hear it and he's got much better hearing than me

When my ear drums both burst and I went totally deaf I developed musical tinnitus, mostly war songs.  We have had a 1940s weekend going on behind our house and when we came home last night after watching a live band down my hopefully soon to be golf club I heard Land of Hope and Glory, I said to hubby either it's to 40s weekend or my musical tinnitus has started up again lol x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 12:24:42 PM »

My Oh, has just bought some new headphones for when we watch movies
on the tele. Which is great because you get hear all the words that are ‘lost'
sometimes from when the volume is low, (you know late at night..)
But after I've used them, god my ears are sore, and the tinnitus is bad after for a while.
Mainly in my left ear, which incidentally is the same side I always get migraines!
Don't know if there's a connection there or not..
I don't moan about it to him, because he's as chuffed as punch about his new toy! Lol
Hopefully, I won't have to use them that much......lol

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 12:25:38 PM »

I asked DH last night whether he could hear my left ear .......... surely it's loud enough !

Tiny

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »

Hi ladies I'm actually waiting on appt with ENT been waiting since March 2018 and maxillo facial as I have a tmj problem a disc displaced in the right side of my jaw my bite is abnormal due to this I'm hoping once I start some form of treatment il get some relief because I struggle to sleep also on hrt it's been a nightmare !!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:18:44 PM by Tiny »

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »

Do you have over-all laxity ? 

Tiny

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 10:12:51 PM »

Overall laxity I'm not sure what that means ??

EnglishRose

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »

Hi everyone
Just wondered if Tinnitus is a symptom of either Menopause or Anxiety. I am postmenopausal, age 58, had my last period 3 yrs ago, and still get hot flushes occasionally. The worse symptom I get is Anxiety, which I've had on and off for years, and I take Propranolol 80mg daily which I've been on for around 12 yrs. The Anxiety reared its ugly head again a month ago, but I also get this ringing in my ears, which I've had around 6 months. And it's a lot worse when I'm anxious. I mentioned it to the doctor , and he did all the bloods, and blood pressure etc, and everything was fine. And he didn't seem over concerned, but it's driving me mad!! Has anyone else had this? Or is it just part of the aging process! Thanks Jules55 x

I get it when I'm sick or stressed ... my left ear it had a burst ear drum years ago, I've got it now actually

Evelyn63

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »

Another tinnitus sufferer, though strangely only in one ear, well the one ear is the worst, barely notice other one.  I went to my GP and because it was only one ear, I had to be referred to ENT for an MRI scan.  Apparently one ear tinnitus can be hiding something more serious.  I am lucky to have private health cover and was seen the next week.  Consultant wasn't keen to do MRI. didn't think it warranted it, but I said that I would worry myself sick, not knowing if something was wrong.  He reluctantly agreed, and nothing alarming showed up, and I have learnt to " habituate?" (not sure if thats right word), to it and it's mostly ok.      On the negative side, the MRI threw up couple other issues, nothing serious, but still anxiety inducing.  The consultant did say that was one of the reasons he's against doing them without real indication.  They throw up so many " red herrings" which can do more harm than good !   He said if he went into the street and pulled in 100 people, my age, they would all show something mostly age related on any MRI !   

JaneinPen

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 03:13:26 PM »

Mine has been worse than usual the past few weeks. Like CLKD the deep itch drives me insane as I wake up trying to stop it. I put it down to being a secretary for a long time using headphones when typing letters and then flying a lot which I think really messes with the ears

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 03:37:54 PM »

Sorry Tiny this didn't show as 'unread'  :-\

Laxity of muscles which gives aches and pains in the joints?

I often wonder about F1 and MotoGP riders, who use ear-plugs  :-\

Mine is background all the while.  At the back of my head then it moves into my ears.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 02:43:31 PM »

Both ears are buzzing background today  :-\ - hopefully this will ease once I get syringed next week!

rower

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2019, 06:44:17 PM »

When I got tinnitus, I took ginkgo, along with vit b12 and after a few weeks it quietened down a lot, sometimes I don't hear it. My hubby has had it for 30 years due to bomb explosion when in the army and damaged the ear drum, he's learnt to block it out, and was told not to have them syringed as it will make the tinnitus worse. Getting stressed can aggravate the tinnitus.

Gusgus

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 06:56:50 PM »

I too have tinnitus, but only in my left ear!
I find it is worse after I have had a glass of wine (as last night) I struggle more to sleep and the noise changes as the night progresses. It starts with a high pitch ring, then progresses to what I can only describe as a dull foghorn noise. It drives me to distraction and I feel heady and spaced out most of the next day.
I too had an mri, to be told I have a blood vessel right by my ear so would make it worse.
He did a manoeuvre to see if I had vertigo as I complained of the dizziness. Not sure it helped.
I've tried acupuncture and all seems a waste of money as nothing helps.
Wanted you to know I understand your suffering.
Thinking of you.  Take care x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6