Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ladies please help so worried  (Read 2443 times)

Herbie73

Ladies please help so worried
« on: April 21, 2018, 02:50:41 PM »

Hi all,

I know I have posted about the same thing a couple of times, but I really don't know where to turn right now, I have been in a state of panic for about six weeks now, I'm so stressed and anxious I keep crying, I'm so convinced I have endometrial cancer, I will only quickly recap spotting on and off some days like the start of a period, I've had cervix checked also had smear 10 months ago, pelvic exam doc said all felt OK, hormone test came back the lower end of normal, still waiting for pelvic ultrasound, did have night sweats and day flushes up till about 4 months ago, now only get one every now and then, can't sleep properly, have lack of pms  symptoms, no sore boobs, spots moodiness etc for about 6 months, had mid cycle spotting that started a year ago every month and clotty periods, now this random bleeding, I have scared myself senseless, I'm not high risk of endometrial cancer, I'm 45 and my mum went through peri in her early 40s reached menopause at 50, so please if anyone can share there stories for some reassurance that would be great, did any one have normal hormone levels in peri, and random bleeding, I am so so stressed at the moment I'm not sure if this is adding to the problem, my dr doesn't seem overly concerned, but I have always suffered with health anxiety and this bleeding has really heightened it, I'm sorry to go on,

Many thanks

Herbie73

Dancinggirl

Re: Ladies please help so worried
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »

The answer to your worries is right there in your post -“the doctor isn't concerned”. Your doctor is sending you for a scan for reassurance as your symptoms are classic for peri menopause.
If you look under ‘All things Menopause' in this forum, there is a ‘Quick links' section and you will find an article called ‘Perils of Peri menopause' which explains what happening to you and will hopefully calm your anxiety.
If there was any real concern you would have been fast tracked and seen within 2 weeks.
You may be in for a good deal more ups and downs as you travel through peri meno with hormones fluctuating and periods becoming more erratic and challenging, so you need to get really clued up so you don't get worried.
Learn to do some relaxation techniques to help you through the next few years or you will drive yourself crazy worrying about what is actually quite normal. Anxiety is also common when meno hits so you might want to consider HRT as and when flushes get really troublesome. I hope you have told your GP that you suffer with anxiety and that you are not sleeping well as you might need something to help with this.
DG x

Herbie73

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply, it's concerned me so much because I have never had any problems with bleeding before, and it's freaked the life out of me, I've spoken to my mum and she had the exact same thing, so I should realise that I'm going to go through it, but my irrational mind won't let me.

Thanks again xxx

chrissy99

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:41:20 PM »

Hi Herbie,
I think stress can make everything seem worse, especially when it comes to our health. You are describing symptoms similar to mine, so I really feel for you... life sucks sometimes.

You are describing classic hormonal changes, so try not to worry too much 'easier said than done I know'.

I suffer from anxiety due to my health problems, so I have just asked my gp to refer me to a health psychologist 'long waiting list' in the hope it can help me cope a bit better than I am doing at present.

Hope you feel better soon x

Snoooze

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »

As has been said, if the Dr was concerned he would have fast tracked you. This happened to my friend...she was convinced she had cancer but after lots of tests she didn't have it.

What you are going through is peri menopause. Read up on it to reassure yourself.

Herbie73

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »

Thank you for you replays, this really helps xxx

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »

I remember reading that in peri everything is normal. That periods can heavy, light, long or short. Mine did all manner of random things through peri. Nearer the end I had 8 month gaps, then once 11 months and one more period then stopped. Honestly it's all normal, I guess unless it's ditectly after sex.
Hopefully the scan will reassure you x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 09:08:07 PM »

I think I posted on your other thread about how I visualised it as our hormones being like a tap turning on and off. Hormones become unpredictable so the body turns on the 'shed womb lining' tap then hormones change again so the body turns the tap off so bleeding stops. As has been said this is typical and perfectly normal for peri. You have been sent for all of the right investigations.

It is a shock when our cycle suddenly goes haywire but you will get used to it even though that probably feels unlikely at the minute!

Taz x  :bighug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 10:11:02 PM »

What's the worst that could happen? 

If your GP was worried you would, as mentioned, been fast tracked.  Also, hormones can be hereditary so listen to your Mum?

This time of Life can be stressful.  .......... and breath. 

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 09:34:25 AM »

I think all of us has had all your symptoms at some point through peri and it is quite normal.  My main menopause symptoms were awful heavy erratic bleeding and anxiety, one tends to cause the other.  Do you remember when all this began as a teenager with erratic periods, moodiness, worrying about nothing and everything.  I think of menopause as puberty in reverse and some of us go through it easier than others. Try not to worry, this won't last forever.

Cassie

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »

Why would you have endometrial cancer, you are going through typical peri meno symptoms, am sure that once you are on some HRT you will feel loads better, panicking and worries over our health are also typical sypmtoms, try to relax and go with the flow, you really do not have cancer, its all just part of the change, chin up.

Herbie73

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 10:49:33 AM »

Thank you so much ladies, this really helps, I just wish the bleeding would just stop and never come back, and the anxiety is awful, really scary, I feel like I have weeks to live, can't enjoy anything, hopefully this is a temporary thing and everything will straighten out soon. Xxxx

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 02:50:03 PM »

Hello Herbie73.

I agree with the other ladies, both the bleeding and the anxiety that you have described is typical on this journey unfortunately and many of us have been where you are now. When I had breakthrough bleeding I couldn't understand why I wasn't worried then I realised that I was taking lashings of oestrogen and that's why I felt calm, when I reduced the HRT dose the bleeding stopped but the anxiety came back, it's all connected.

Sending hugs and wishing you well.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 10:24:17 PM »

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to keep a check on your feelings?  This too will pass.  Why does the brain latch onto something dire  :-\  :D ........ why can't the brain think 'oh this is menopause so must be normal'  ???  :poke2: ........... is it because we are more aware of the possibilities of 'nasties' ?