Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi new to mm site  (Read 1869 times)

Lisa1966

Hi new to mm site
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:06:47 PM »

Hi ladies,feeling quite down at the moment,i think i am peri still but not sure. I went on hrt in 2016 as i had been feeling low and anxious for some time,but took myself off it as didnt feel any better. Then last year i was so poorly with depression and anxiety also fear,it was horrific i wanted to die every day,i was off work for 8 months. I went back on hrt femoston 1/10 and i think it helped abit but i thought i needed a higher dose,also wanted transdermal as i heard it was safer. I was given evorel conti patches and was on them for about 4 months,but had problems with them sticking,so i asked for gel but dr wouldnt give me it,so i am now 1 month on femoston 2/10 and feeling down and having headaches. Any advice much appreciated xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi new to mm site
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

:welcomemm:  Maybe put the product names into the search box on here and see what pops up?  Browse round, read the treatment section in green, above, make notes.

Lisa1966

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 05:41:56 PM »

Thank you,I will do

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »

Hi Lisa. Welcome from me too.

You are not alone in your feelings and you will get lots of support and friendship on here.

I'm not sure how old you are but if you are on a conti hrt then you are considered post menopause not peri though some doctors will prescribe conti from the age of 54.

Although HRT helps with a lot of symptoms you may find you have to add in an anti depressant to lift mood. Lots of women on here are using both.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Lisa1966

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »

Thank you Taz,im 51 but my doctor doesnt seem to know much about hrt,when i went about the patches not sticking i said i should be on a cyclical one,but he said he could give it if i was over 50. Im on femoston 2/10 now. I do take a large dose of antidepressants as i have suffered on and off for 25 years,but last year it was very different than any other time. I couldnt stay on my own for 1minute even in my own house and my mum had to keep my tablets as i didnt trust myself with them

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »

Lisa1966 - been there.  DH took my medication to work with him  :-\

You can also ask your local Pharmacist, most have private areas for chats these days.  They are clued up probably more than GPs as they can contact the drug companies if necessary.

Was it depression or anxiety or a mix?   Hormones can upset emotions .....

Lisa1966

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 06:42:13 PM »

It was more anxiety,as soon as i opened my eyes in the morning,i was scared all the time i couldnt eat i lost 3 stone. I felt like i was dying,i couldnt face it again

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »

I never want to feel *that* ill again!

I still live half a day at a time and try not to book anything too far forwards otherwise panic sets in ........

Lisa1966

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:23 PM »

Do u think its to do with hormones?

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:54 PM »

When you started HRT were you still having periods? You are rather young to be on a conti HRT to be honest and a few of us on here have been prescribed the wrong one by our GPs and have had to ask for a different prescription. It's important that you protect your womb lining by having the right one for your age.

Evorel contains Norethisterone which is notorious for giving some women low mood, depression and PMT type symptoms so this may well have made your depressed feelings worse. It's wrong that your GP wouldn't prescribe you the gel. I would say read up on here as much as you can about the different types of HRT (menu at the top of the page in the green bar) and also from our posts. Print off any relevant information to take with you to add clout to your argument.

Taz x

Lisa1966

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 07:59:55 PM »

Yes when i started i was having periods irregular though,i had to beg for the patches as he said no in the first place,as too expensive. I shouldnt have been given evorel conti from what ive read on here and i did tell him. To be honest im sick of fighting with him as it all about money,so ive ended up on femoston 2/10 which is not what i wanted. Im now having first bleed and im having headaches and mood swings,also feeling low

Lisa x
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:06:17 PM by Lisa1966 »