Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Cruise  (Read 10258 times)

Spangles

Re: Cruise
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 06:07:12 AM »

CLKD if you can fit in my case you can come!
I go a week on Thursday starting to get a bit wobbly 😏

Daisydot

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 09:28:23 AM »

No your not your shaking with excitement and we're all jealous lol.keep thinking about all the beautiful things your going to see,think about the open air cinema on Mykonos with the barbecue food served at it while the cats are purring around your legs under the wee blanket you have wrapped round them it's idyllic.the marina you dock at has the most wonderful cobbled streets with masses of upmarket shops.think positive you'll love it.xx

Two hoots

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »

Tipping is big topic which causes no end of bad feeling on cruise forums, but you can choose to either continue to pay the p and o recommended tips, which they will automatically add to your on board account or go to reception and ask to have them removed, or reduced, the best policy is don't tell anyone what you decide to do  ;D but I would always tip the cabin steward if they are helpful, they have always been helpful to me and usually very happy and chatty.

If you have a balcony definitely order room service breakfast, it's lovely to sit outside and eat it or to sit with a glass of something nice in the evening  :)

The biggest thing you should be worrying about is becoming addicted to cruising, I have a friend who didn't fancy a cruise but her partner did, they booked a 7 night cruise leaving last May, since then they have been on three cruises, with two more booked this year and already looking at next year  ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:43:52 AM by Two hoots »

Daisydot

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:34 AM »

Your so right two hoots if they paid them a decent wage they wouldn't have to rely on tips and that upsets our conscience when we get hit with that information,all part of the plan.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »

Do the staff get paid at all or are they well paid but the tips are that: a thank-you for work well done?  Do make sure that the staff receive the monies offered, that they don't go into a big pot for sharing out!

When my anxiety is low I could think seriously about a cruise .........

Two hoots

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »

The crew do get paid, by our standards it's not much but compared to what they earn in their own countries it's a good wage. On p and o most of the restaurant staff and cabin stewards are from India, Goa or the Phillipines. There are so many stories about tips and who keeps what, it depends what you read or who you listen to so many conflicting stories.

It's always interesting to chat with the crew if they are not too busy, a waiter was telling us about going into his grandmothers garden and picking mangoes from the tree, I also like to find out what their favourite ports are, Sydney is a popular choice  :)

dulciana

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »

Has anyone ever done the cruise that goes up the coast of Norway, to the top?  (Not to be confused with the inland fjord trips.)  If so, would you recommend?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:17:08 PM by dulciana »

Two hoots

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 02:59:58 PM »

I've done the fiords and am going again in July but I haven't been to the arctic circle, I've read reviews and it sounds really good especially if you are lucky enough to see the northern lights. I think the northern lights cruises go in early spring, in March if I remember correctly and they book up quite quickly.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 03:45:52 PM »

I did consider it from Harwich for the Northern Lights but DH thought he might be bored ?  ::)

Daisydot

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 04:18:38 PM »

Well CLKD that balls in your court  :rofl:you have the power to ease that boredom  :jiggy: :lol: go for it x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 04:36:59 PM »

Now what ever do you have in mind .........  :rofl:   :whist:

Spangles

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 06:00:03 PM »

Thanks again ladies!
This time next week we should have set sail😀
I'm looking forward to a week in the sun, as for tipping I'm going to opt out if possible and tip who I want to tip.
It's a whole new experience for us and I hope it fulfills all of my expectations, I feel already that if I get on well I may do it again!
Shellb
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »

Anwers on a postcard then  ;). - packed yet?

Spangles

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2018, 05:53:06 AM »

No not yet, full of PMT, anxiety and pre holiday wobbles today 😢

Daisydot

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 08:46:56 AM »

You'll get there Shellb just try and think of the positives of the holiday and make sure you have your crisis bag packed that's the thing that will release the pressure,I even take stitches strips with me lol.im off on holiday tomorrow for 6 days and I'm a bit anxious but not terrorised like previously.i so hope you enjoy it's going to open the doors for you for your future plans xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5