Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Cruise  (Read 10487 times)

Spangles

Re: Cruise
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 06:55:26 PM »

Oh Daisydot,
Thank you.
Have a great time, you will be fine too. Where are you going, hope it's somewhere lovely xXx

Daisydot

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »

Hi Shellb I'm off to Lake Como ,Milan and st Moritz and nothing's spoiling it for me,I'm in agony with my back and shoulder tonight but it can naff off I know it's the same old mind games my body is playing to try and stop me being happy so it's on a loser again.ive did what dg suggested and taken gaviscn after my dinner so I know there's absolutely no basis for these pains and I'm determined not to let this win.Everythings ready to go so fingers crossed weather wise but I don't really mind I'm prepared for everything lol.enjoy your weekend xx

Spangles

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 07:50:20 PM »

Well, case is packed and anxiety is high! Tummy in summersalts, dry mouth and running to the loo! Off at 4am and full of all the usual worries and anxieties!
Looking forward to some sun, sun, sun!
I should relax into it in a couple of days.
xXx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 09:13:45 PM »

Hi Shellb

Never been on a cruise, but if I do I want the Greek one.
Never been to Greece, always Spain (canaries) and Majorca.
So wish you a great time, let us know how you get on,
I hate flying, so maybe I'd enjoy a ship.?

Enjoy....relax...

Jd x
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:20:16 PM by jillydoll »

Two hoots

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »

Well, case is packed and anxiety is high! Tummy in summersalts, dry mouth and running to the loo! Off at 4am and full of all the usual worries and anxieties!
Looking forward to some sun, sun, sun!
I should relax into it in a couple of days.
xXx

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself and hope you will let us know about your adventure when you get home  :)

Robin

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2018, 09:37:46 PM »

I was sure I would hate it but I loved it. Hope you do too shelb. This is the time when your anxiety will probably be at its highest as you prepare to go but hopefully once you're on board you will be more settled. Oh to be sipping cocktails as the sun is setting watching beautiful islands slip by  8) I will look forward to hearing how it went.

Daisydot

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2018, 06:28:36 PM »

Hi Shellb I hope by now your on your cruise and ephaving the time of your life,I'm just heading home to U.K. now.have a fab time x

Two hoots

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 09:14:23 AM »

One of the problems with a cruise holiday is being unable to dock and it seems like the ship has been unable to dock in Mykonos today because of strong winds  :( even if it's windy I hope it's warm enough that Shellb can relax onboard and enjoy the sun  :)

Daisydot

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »

I'm dying to know how she's doing  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »

I'm dying to know how she's doing  ;D

So am I  :)

Robin

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 08:04:58 PM »

Me too🤞🏻👙🌴🍧🍹

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 08:19:24 PM »

My idea of hell would be for the vessel I was on to be stuck outside of a Harbour  :'(.  It happens in the Channel quite often.

Two hoots

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 09:30:47 PM »

My idea of hell would be for the vessel I was on to be stuck outside of a Harbour  :'(.  It happens in the Channel quite often.

Usually the first thing you know if you are unable to dock is an announcement from the bridge, but the ship doesn't stop it continues cruising slowly towards the next port or sometimes you go to an alternative port that's easier to dock in.

It's a nightmare for the restaurants as they have to provide the food as everyone now staying on board and the entertainments department usually organise a full programme of activities, I quite like if they show a film in the theatre, when I was on a cruise that couldn't dock in Guernsey I watched the Kings speech (it was a few years ago when the film was quite new)  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2018, 12:23:50 PM »

Sadly not an option for x-Channel ferries  ::)

Spangles

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 06:48:33 AM »

Ladies hello!
I did it and I'm back!
Had a few blips of anxiety, other than that I was fine.
We had a really lovely time, I could easily do it again.
Two hoots, you were right, we couldn't dock in Mykonos due to the winds so we had another sea day. I was very disappointed as that was the one place I was looking forward to.
I feel recharged but I am slipping back into my old mood, still I'm going to play travel agents on my computer and look for the next holiday! OH wanted to book something the day after we got back but I've not got my head in gear yet.
Was totally spoilt on the ship, didn't have to lift a finger.
Thanks so much for all your replies, it means so much to me.
Love
Shellb
xXx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5