Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 1202 times)

Yvonne 26

Need advice
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:30:54 AM »

Hi, I'm 49 years old and going to be 50 in October. I want this to be a great year but my menopause is kicking my backside at the moment! I feel sick from the minute I wake up until I fall asleep, I'm also struggling with anxiety and cry at silly things. I'm taking antiemetics prescribed from my GP (cyclazine) but they make me sleepy. Any help or advice would be wonderful?

Robin

Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »

I'm new too but I'm sure more knowledgeable ladies will be along with advice soon.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome.
Robin

Yvonne 26

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:37 AM »

Thank you and welcome to you :)

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »

Nausea was one of my worst symptoms of menopause.  HRT sorted it.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:00 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Yvonne 26
What is happening with you periods? It's not unusual for the peri menopause stage to throw things off - the menopause can really mess with our heads!!! Read up all the factual stuff on this site to get clued up.
Nausea is common when meno hits but it's better to deal with this with some lifestyle and diet changes than taking drugs like cyclazine. Small meals often, avoid caffeine, fruit juices and alcohol and learn some relaxation techniques e.g Mindfulness, that helps to keep the anxiety under control. It's often a range of strategies, often including HRT, that will help a women through this challenging time. 
Read this great article: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-mainly.php#perils
This may help you to understand what's going on.  HRT can help balance things so look under TREATMENTS.
We're here to support each other so keep posting.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »

Nausea has been my enemy since aged 3  :'(

Eating regularly can ease the feelings.  I would suggest that you take the anti-emetic and once it kicks in, start eating.  When do you need to take it, if necessary, maybe at night?  I always feel worse in the mornings.

HORMONES  >:(  ::) browse round.  Make notes.