Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gastritis?  (Read 26116 times)

Snoooze

Re: Gastritis?
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2018, 10:00:20 AM »

Keep positive jeepers. That's good to hear your new man is being so supportive x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2018, 02:57:31 PM »

You whinge  ;D ........ we can listen if we want too.  We might even respond  ;)

DH is better.  Tnx.  I have to eat B4 my body is hungry otherwise I feel sick and dizzy  :-\  :'(.  Otherwise I really suffer and anxiety kicks in.

Jeepers

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2018, 06:31:51 PM »

Hi

Thank you all for your replies.

Things have gone wrong, all my fault. I think I need professional help, I'm such a stupid person. I'm not coping with life at all.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Thank you all again , so lovely to know you are there xxx

Lisa1966

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »

Come on jeepers you are not a stupid person,you can do this,if I can do it anyone can.ive been there I know it's the pits,but u got this,we are all here for you,keep posting and we will get through this together.xx

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2018, 09:31:57 PM »

Make an appt. with your GP or Practice Nurse in the morning?  Then let us know how you get on?

Life is ups and downs.  This too will pass. 

Snoooze

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »

Do you mean things have gone wrong with your man? I'm sure if you explain how you have been feeling he will understand as he seemed to be understanding about your health issues?

You are not a stupid person. You are going through hormonal changes that really effect many women during this time of their lives. Best thing you can do is talk about it and not bottle things up x

Jeepers

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2018, 08:34:48 PM »

I have replied in the personal section, as it seems inappropriate here,

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2018, 08:41:42 PM »

Have replied!

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2018, 06:26:57 PM »

See this with regards long-term use of Omeprazol etc..

Jeepers

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »

Hi#

Well, finally I have had my Endoscopy.  It wasn't pleasant, I had to opt for no sedation, as I didn't have anyone to be a "responsible adult" after the precedure.  Still, I got though it, and whilst I Still have some mild gastritis, otherwise there was nothing sinister.  Dr too a biopsy to check for H. Pyloribactor, and suggested I take Omeprazole at a high dose for 2 months, then reduce.  I am a little reluctant to do this, as I have been doing okay without it for a while now.  I can;t decide whether I should or not.  I'm a bit worried that I will muck up my digestive system for good.

Maybe I could just alter my diet a bit?

Roseneath

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2018, 08:20:15 PM »

Hi Jeepers. I just wanted to reach out because I went through almost the exact same thing as you about two years ago. Discomfort under left ribs/awful wind and burping. I got so anxious about it and saw several GPs. Like other on the site I found Omniprazole make things worse not better (I don't think the problem is acid but inflammation almost . The stuff made my stomach like cement). The only thing the GP prescribed was called Ranitidine tablets or Peptac  and it was much more gentle. Anyway it all turned out to be stress and anxiety related. (Triggered maybe 3-4 months after a family breakdown) Then my fear of my gastric problems (plus hormones maybe) just upset my whole digestive system.  Since then I have really cut down on gluten (especially bread), alcohol  and never eat fried foods or chilli which can set it off. I have cut down tea and coffee and switched to green tea and milk.  I eat little and often things like nuts/fruit. All these things plus time have really helped. I get the odd ' flare up' every 2-3 months but the dull ache went within 6-8 weeks as my anxiety reduced (or switched to another perceived ailment!). I feel like my system has almost healed itself as my stress reduced. My anxiety too is fuelled by a morbid dread that I won't be around for my kids, maybe made worse by loosing my sister when she was young. Please try and keep positive (HeadSpace or Pacifica are good Apps) and just try and enjoy each day. I wish I had found this site years ago. I felt so alone with my  (baseless) fears at the time.

weathergirl

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »

I think this is a very common thing in menopause - gastritis and GI issues.  I had an endoscopy in June. Found chronic gastritis and some inflammation/esophageal reflux.  I was put on Omeprazole but I did not like how it made me feel.  Like you said, Roseneath - my stomach felt like cement and I felt like I wasn't able to digest my food properly at times.  It was not good.  I ended up on high dose ranitidine (still on it).  I am having a repeat endoscopy in September to see that the inflammation and irritation is doing better.  In the US they always follow up on these things to see if the  medication is doing the job, and then would switch it out or change doses if not.  I guess that's better than just being thrown a prescription with no follow through!

One interesting thing my regular (Primary care/GP) doctor told me, and this may give some of you comfort:  If you took 100 people our age and gave them endoscopies, about 80% would have findings similar to everything that everyone is discussing here.  And I had read this before but kind of dismissed it.  He said because of age, wear and tear, poor diet, stress, alcohol, etc, that most people have some gastric findings on endoscopy that do not usually cause symptoms. I have always had a very sensitive stomach so I notice everything!  But he said most people do not and hence they have things going on that they wouldn't know about unless the endoscopy was done.

I hope you feel better Jeepers and you too Roseneath and all that are dealing with unsettled stomachs and all this GI stuff!  xxxxx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]