Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Odd aches ?  (Read 3195 times)

Lalb1

Odd aches ?
« on: March 17, 2018, 05:46:23 PM »

Me again...
For the last few months I've put up with the weird aches and pains that have started to occur at different times.
Today again I've noticed the weird itchy/tingly feeling in my left foot, the tingly ache under left arm pit and boob, the achiness in legs (worse in left), sore achy arms (lower) and elbows (right worst) and the ever so strange weird ache and itchiness in my left thumb,thumb joint and where my thumb joins my hand.

Wasn't until I logged it and looked on my app back thru the months I reaslie this has happened every month 2-3 days before my periods started.
I'm guessing this is from a drop/surge in hormones? Does anyone else get theses weird aches? Seems odd mostly on 1 side.

Dancinggirl

Re: Odd aches ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:30:23 PM »

Yep - all part of the menopause experience - there are so many symptoms  - aches, tingling, itchiness are all part of the joys of menpause. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 06:36:22 PM »

Yep.  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains  ::).  Over the counter pain relief should suffice.

Lalb1

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »

Thankyou. Fed up wondering if it's Perimenopausal or something else.
Something new occurs regularly and it's not till I log stuff and look back I realise it's happened previous months.

This achiness is horrible.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 01:25:38 PM »

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia early in peri ... but you have described was i was, and am feeling . Weird aches,  pains, burning sensations .. tingly feelings  in hands and feet  and i have a strange ache in my thumb joint as well. When i was diagnosed i didnt know about hormones and menopause .. i was so ignorant ! I dont think i have fibromyalgia .. just menopausal aches and pains as strange as they are !! X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 01:26:30 PM »

It's known as The Change  ::)

Shadyglade

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 01:54:49 PM »

Yep. That's 'short changed'.   ::)

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »

Did you also notice at the same time your pain tolerance threshold changed,I did,if I burnt myself or trapped a finger in drawers ( which I stupidly do a lot ) or hit your knee on table the pain is excruciating it's not like a normal ouch when you do something is it,that's stopped now for me too since hrt I still do stupid things but the pains not so intense.xx

Nellie Noo

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »

Yes ! Daisydot ... absolutely ! If i banged my knee or something similar and i would yelp in pain and have eyes filling up .. the hubby would say .... what the hell its only a little knock !! 

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 03:27:03 PM »

I'm certainly more clumsy  :-\ .............

Lalb1

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 08:41:04 PM »

Funny you should say about Fibromyalgia! A friend who has it keeps saying to me “your symptoms are exactly like mine” She keeps begging me to mention to the doctor. I did look it up and the symptoms do overlap/are similar.

I hate all these weird aches and tingly feelings.
I don't understand the strange thumb joint thing!!! Glad to know it's not only me though.
My body temperature has changed, mainly always too warm and YES!! My pain threshold is so low now compared to what it used to be. I never used to be too bad if I banged a toe or cut/scratched myself.. but now I feel instantly sick,go overwarm and shaky!

Thankyou for all your replies, I am constantly worrying I'm coming down with something nasty with all these crazy things happening.
The odd tingly,bubbly,achy, joints is driving me mad now.
Tonight my legs hurt so much and it's a new bit where my shins hurt too. Knees ache aswell.

marge

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »

I could have written your post Lalb1  !!

KAH

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »

Me too, odd aches and pains constantly. At the moment my main one is in my left shoulder blade, it's been aching for a good couple of weeks which is fairly long for me as the pains usually chop & change much quicker than that! I too have the aching in my armpit, side of boob, from what I've read it seems fairly common and is just something else to put up with ☹️

dangermouse

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 08:25:19 PM »

It could be osteoarthritis and inflammation from hormone imbalance that is making tightness in the various parts of the body more apparent.

My finger joint arthritis and tight calf muscles get worse when my oestrogen is high from the water retention.

Dorothy

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 09:40:02 PM »

Definitely hormone related.  I used to get severe muscle and joint pain the day before my period and the first day.  Now it can just happen anytime.  Same thing with sore breasts although mine are uncomfortable all the time but again, I used to get an increase in pain just before a period whereas now it's really random.

And the itching & twitching!!!!  Drives me crazy.