Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: anti anxiety meds  (Read 9891 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: anti anxiety meds
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »

Wilks - my problems began within moments of being born so my reactions were stuck from day 1.  Yep.  Been through various types of counselling some really helped: discuss, decide, ditch ........ other therapists had no idea how my problems affected me, 1 even admitted that I knew more than she did  ::).  I tried Claire Weekes books too but thought that she couldn't remember when she was writing them, how anxiety actually feels so didn't gain any help, but others have found them a life saver.

Suicidal depression or tripping ? blasted predictive text ? crippling anxiety - in my health history one feeds off the other very often and I know that the Beta-blocka plus the emergency med work for me so anxiety if I really had to decide.  It took 5 different ADs in the 1988/89 B4 my GP found one that didn't make me feel worse. 

racjen

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »

Yes thanks but I've tried all the counselling and talking therapy going, plus regular exercise and good diet, relaxation CDs etc. Nothing shifts it - once it's there it's there till it decides to leave. I think that is the nature of hormonal anxiety, certainly in my case.

tgisue

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2018, 04:43:40 PM »

hi
i would like to thank everyone for their input on their experiences with meds.

Thank you CLKD for your PM, i am unable to reply to messages for some reason, but thank you for reaching out to me.

I have my GP appt tomorrow where i was going to ask for propranolol for my migraines/headaches and anxiety. However my palps have been daily for 3 weeks now which I have suffered from intermittently starting with my first pregnancy nearly 30 years ago.

Is it unlikely she will give me a prescription tomorrow as I am assuming tests on palps wil be required, or could i just not take them on any day ecgs would take place?

Health anxiety spiralling as usual.

Thanks again for reading

Sue

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »

You probably can't reply because you haven't done enough posts ;-)

Maybe take a list of symptoms and questions 2 the appt. and jot down the answers? 

bramble

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2018, 09:56:17 PM »

Would your palpitations not be part of your anxiety problem rather than a heart issue?

Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 10:04:01 PM »

How did the appt. go?

tgisue

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2018, 05:18:05 AM »

Hi

I went into the appt determined to not go into melt down and keep it coherent, that lasted 30 seconds.

I did manage to explain though my symptoms and how paralyzing the anxiety is at the moment.

She was very sympathetic and kind and reassured me that she was pretty confidant given my history the palpitations were anxiety driven rather than a heart problem.

She ordered bloods and I am having an ecg monday morning.

She prescribed 2 x 40g propanolol to take in two doses over a day.

Overall it felt great to off load to someone about how I am feeling and what stresses I have in my life.

I took the propranolol as soon as I got home and yes I did feel a little slowed down, but the palpitations were greatly reduced and much more subdued. I dont know if that is down to the relief of speaking to her or the tablets but I think it was the drugs. I also had a good talk with my husband as he has been asking me for a while if anything is wrong, I told him I cant talk to family about my health anxiety as I dont want to worry them and I know I will get so upset if I talk about it. Unfortunately I cant hide things well for long.

Does anyone else feel they cant talk about their health anxiety and just want to lock themselves away from everyone?

Thanks again,

Sue

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2018, 10:00:44 PM »

I stopped telling family about any health issues.  My very good GP and loving husband have been my rocks since 1988.  Even so, I don't always open up if my anxiety is background but when I begin to falter DH tells me to 'take the tablet now'  ::) as he knows it will knock panic on the head.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]