Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Awful symptoms on Evorel sequi- oestrogen dominance  (Read 2364 times)

Johuckridge

Awful symptoms on Evorel sequi- oestrogen dominance
« on: March 20, 2018, 09:51:02 PM »

Hi
I am 48 years old and this is my first post but I have been suffering perimenopause symptoms for the last 4-5 yrs .I suffer with night sweats,  anxiety ,migraines ,lengthy heavy periods and chronic insomnia. These are seriously impacting on every part of my life
I started evorel sequi 3 months ago and strangely have suffered worsening of symptoms ( severe anxiety, sore breasts, insomnia ,poor appetite ,night sweats ) on the oestrogen only patches for 2 weeks which strangely improve when taking the oestrogen /progesterone patches for the second two weeks. I now think I may be suffering with oestrogen dominance .Has anybody suffered similarly and are now only using progesterone  as a treatment for perimenopause symptoms. If so what are you using ?
Ps have tried lots of natural remedies , given up caffeine and alcohol  :-\ and trying to eat a healthy diet .
Thank you for any replies

Dancinggirl

Re: Awful symptoms on Evorel sequi- oestrogen dominance
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »

I have responded on your other thread. You are on too high a dose of HRT for this stage in your meno journey. Try the Mirena with seperate oestrogen as patch or Oestrogel OR try Femoston 1/10 pills. DG x

sadielouise78

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

Hi Johuckridge,

I'm glad I've read your post as I have been saying the same thing about my HRT - firstly Elleste Duet and now Evorel Sequi.  I'm 43 and have had the night sweats, brain fog, anxiety, sore boobs, migraine, erratic periods for the last few years.  I also find that I feel better in the second two weeks too.

I'd be interested to know the reason why.

Sarah x

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 07:40:48 PM »

It's common to be oestrogen dominant in perimenopause so that is possibly why the combined one makes you feel better.

I use progesterone cream (with private GP prescription) which I'm doing much better on now that I'm
not having breaks (progesterone withdrawal). If you want to stick with NHS GP then the research below demonstrated Utrogestan used in peri alone is effective, or the pill, mini pill or Mirena coil are options.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3987489/

It points out that the peri symptoms are different to menopause and feel more like pregnancy with the swollen feeling, sweats, anxiety and cravings, due to the high oestrogen.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:49:29 PM by dangermouse »

sadielouise78

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »

Can I ask some really stupid questions? Why are there different doses of HRT? I've been put on a medium dose and I'm now thinking I should probably be on a low dose as I'm peri. I'm assuming the further you get towards menopause the higher the dose needs to be? So how do you ever get to the point of not needing HRT if the hormones are being replaced by it and the HRT makes you feel better?

dangermouse

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 10:05:22 PM »

We are all different and some will need more than others.

Also, some women use high dose oestrogen like the combined pill or HRT to override their cycle if very volatile. So even high oestrogen phases can come down by taking high amounts of oestrogen, as it tricks the brain into thinking there's enough and making the natural cycle more dormant, which is how combined birth control works.