Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Menopause Cafes  (Read 6028 times)

Daisydot

Re: Menopause Cafes
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »

Not long to go now ladies so I thought this deserved a wee bump for any new ladies who may have missed it.big thank you again to Bring me Sunshine your a star xx

Daisydot

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »

Hi ladies and bms.my hubby took me out to Aylesbury today on a trial run to find it so I wouldn't be so stressed driving on the day and it was a disaster,I can't do the drive my anxiety levels shot up it's a good 45 mins away so as he's not available on the day I can't risk it I don't want to say I'll be there and then be frantic with anxiety for the next few days leading up to it so my apologies.maybe next time or maybe if it's somewhere a bit closer.xx I hope it goes well for you all xx

Daisydot

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »

How did it go today ladies at the meno cafe,I hope it went well for you it was certainly lovely weather for it.x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 10:20:59 PM »

DD - I'm OK doing spontaneous, if I have to plan untying anxiety takes over ....... bugga !

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »

Hi Daisy Dot sorry for the late reply I was away over Easter and been sooooo busy.

The menopause cafe went really well.  I had 10 altogether some friends of mine and some ladies I didnt know, no one from this forum but we are all scattered all over the place.  i am so sorry that your anxiety stopped you from coming what a shame.  If ever you want me to come over to your way I am more than happy to do it.  I drive all over particularly up to the North East so 45 mins is nothing to me. Feel free to personal message me anytime. One lady had to be brought by a friend because of her anxiety and siad at the end she felt so much better and it was worthwhile.  So that was good to hear if it helps just one person then it was worth it.  The consensus is they want to meet regularly once a month/6 weeks so I shall arrange another soon.

They were all happy to talk about their personal experiences and a lady even turned up who was 74 and just wanted to say that things do get so much better.

Daisydot

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 08:06:43 PM »

Hi BMS lovely to hear from you and I'm so pleased for you i was really worried that you'd be upset,it was really the last bit of the journey that freaked me out I think ,from the Barrett estate 🏡 nwards it seemed to get more and more difficult and I knew I'd never have done it if hubby hadn't been driving.Thats so kind of you to offer that but hopefully next time I can get hubby to drive me,it's a really nice little venue isn't it.Im really pleased that it's something your going to do again and as you say it's so worth it just to even help one person it could turn out to be a huge success and an ongoing thing that would be marvellous so anyway a huge well done to you for going to all that effort and I'm so sorry again to have let you down but I will try again I'm dying to celebrate with you now . Well done  :bighug:

Dotty

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 06:56:59 AM »

Well done , Bring Me Sunshine x

Lanzalover

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »

Congratulations

Lanzalover x

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 09:48:03 PM »

Another cafe event in Aylesbury (the 2nd one) I have no idea how to paste the actual poster so here are the words less the colours.

Menopause Cafe www.menopausecafe.net 

Join us for tea, cake and

talking about the menopause at the  more+ café

36 Parton Road, Aylesbury HP20 1NG

On Thursday 21 June 2018

From 1pm to 3pm

Rachel Weiss of Rowan Consultancy founded the World's first Menopause Café in Perth, Scotland in July 2017. Following this, Menopause Cafés have been organised throughout the UK (even in Toronto) and in some workplaces. “The Menopause Cafe is aimed at women and men of all ages who would like to come along and talk about the menopause, to share their stories, experiences and questions.” All made that little bit easier with tea and cake which you can purchase at the café.

My name is Julie and this is the 2nd Menopause Café held in Aylesbury.  I set it up to share my story and to raise awareness.

*more+ cafe website:  www.broughtonchurch.org

*more+ is a community cafe operated by Broughton Community Action. It is staffed mainly by volunteers and runs on a not for profit basis.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »

Well Done U!  Maybe put a note in your GP and Dental Waiting Rooms and perhaps your Vet and Library notice boards?

Daisydot

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 08:15:28 AM »

Well done again BmS I hope it goes well for you all xx

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 06:26:41 AM »

Good idea CLKD how ever the doctors told a friend the other day that the menopause is a natural thing for women and HE dosent know what all the fuss is about, women didnt complain years ago.  So that's what we are up against and that's doctors saying that!

Thanks Daisy dot xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 08:33:31 AM »

Keep up the good work.

I think I had better keep my opion of that doctor to myself   :o

Lanzalover x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 09:53:29 AM »

That Doctor will be old and a man then!  Print off the list of menopause symptoms from here as well as 'hints for husbands' and take along  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »

:bouncing:
Pages: 1 [2] 3