Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Am I going bonkers  (Read 5380 times)

Bluebelle

Re: Am I going bonkers
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 11:16:31 AM »

I agree CLKD surely its 'quality of life' ?  ;)

Dotty I am 48 and my mum was in her late 60's and her sister after both were taking HRT for fifteen years or more. I also remember reading something along those lines, but cant remember where ?...Im drowning in a sea of menopause mania ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 12:29:33 PM »

Mania just about covers it sometimes  ::)

Have you read our funny room?  Look out for that strange woman in my house  :whist:

Bluebelle

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 12:38:20 PM »

I will take a look CLKD  ;D

I'm a big fan of humour to get you through crappy  times ....

It wasn't so long ago I drove out of the supermarket car park with a tray of eggs on the car roof   ::)... oh and the time I got to work and asked colleages 'is it cold in here or is it me ? ...then realising i forgotton to put my knickers on  ;D.......we have all don the right ??  ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:54:07 PM by Bluebelle »

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »

I left my reading glasses on top of the car as I packed the boot with plants, thinking "That isn't a wise move".  Right.  Drove off. Never found the readers even though I walked along the roadway.  :-\

Not telling about the knickers though  :clapping:

Bluebelle

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 01:11:08 PM »

I just read your 'a strange woman in my house' Brilliant !!!! it really made me giggle  ;D

It made me think back to yesterday morning when I woke up after another restless night. I caught sight of myself staggering across the bedroom,  My hair was ten foot high and my face was swollen and puffy and resembled a purple cabbage...I nearly give myself a heart attack :o

My husband calls me scary mary and then runs and hides  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 01:24:39 PM »

:rofl:

It's that woman staring back from the shop windows that scares me .......... so like me it's impossible to believe it ain't  :-\

Bluebelle

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »

It must be .. I will send her on her way back to you  ;)... there's no room at this inn  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 03:32:59 PM »

Wrong time of year ? ......... 3 months too late or 9 months too early  ;)

I will be changing the locks if she tries to get in  ;D

Do you feel less bonkers today?

Charys

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 04:29:56 PM »

Hey Bluebell,

Just been reading through your thread,

I absolutely feel like crying 😭.... I just feel I'm stuck in a dark hole and I no one can help me out ...

This I can relate to so so much. I actually had hormone receptive BC at 47 years old (a full two years ago) and I can't go down the HRT route. So, although the reason is a bit different to yours, as yours is deemed a 'high risk' reason, and not that you've had it yourself, I can relate to that lost and wanting help feeling. I'm not really able to say anything to help you much, just tell you who you aren't alone and I will follow your thread with interest and see what you manage to find out.  :)

Bluebelle

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »

Yes CLKD ... felt less bonkers today  ;D... I have only had the one rant today. I made myself eat healthy and exercise this morning because I know it deep down it does help a little.

Hi charys ....

Sorry to hear your struggling too .... the fact that I can talk to you and others is a tonic in itself .... glad to hear you come through the other side of breast cancer 🙂.. and of course I will share whatever I find out if it it helps you and others.

I phoned Louise newson office today and they say they can help but will need to make appointment. I'm going to go down the holistic route until my appointment in June with Tina peers ... I know the acupuncture did help me sleep so that's a start ....

I'm the meantime will keep you posted .... 😌

Bluebelle

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 11:01:55 AM »

UPDATE:

I posted some weeks back struggling with symptoms. I have been to see my 'new' doctor who was absolutely lovely and gave me a 25 minute appointment ..She was a real old school doctor and I talked things through with her.  She advised that it was probably best that I didn't go on HRT because of family history although she would never rule it out completely, but for now we have agreed that I go on CLONIDINE AND VENLAFAXINE she says they are both unlicensed use for menopause symptoms and she also give me another medication to lighten my periods but I can't remember the name until I pick up my prescription.
She also read out to me the results of my blood test ...something my precious surgery was satisfactory and no further action needs.  My new doctor said that my Oestrogen levels were very high ...does that indicate that I could finally heading out of the worst of it ?..Sorry if I sound confused its because I am ...
I feel so relieved to finally have a doctor who will listen and didn't dismiss me and has finally given me hope that all is not lost.

ladylollipop

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »

Hello Bluebell, I 've just read that your lady doctor offered you Venlafaxine. I also use it for menopause anxiety and it would be interesting to hear if it works for you. I take 75 mg for 6 weeks now but it isn't 100 % better. Thinks it takes time. Sorry for any mistakes I am German. Best wishes Lady Lollipop

dangermouse

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 05:27:17 PM »

I think the body-identical terminology is a new NHS term, perhaps to differentiate between licensed and unlicensed HRT? It's the same chemically as bio-identical though. It's just means they're plant-based to closely match our biology/body rather than synthetic or from animal proteins.

If your oestrogen levels blood test is high then you're clearly in perimenopause, once periods stop then you're menopausal but it can take up to 10 years. Perimenopause causes a lot of volatility but hopefully your meds will help with that.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 06:13:58 PM »

Welcome LLPop .........  medication isn't a cure but can help control or ease symptoms - do you feel better generally?

ladylollipop

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2018, 08:30:07 PM »

Hello CLKD, thanks for your welcome. I do feel a bit better but not much. I took venlafaxine from May 16 to November 2017. I felt so good so I thought I could try to live without the pills. Well, my symptoms returned in March. So I started Venlafaxine again. Well, I think I should give it time to work properly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3