Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Heavy periods - again  (Read 5661 times)

Charys

Re: Heavy periods - again
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »

Oh my goodness, some of these stories  :o

So maybe I'm not as hideously bad as I thought compared to some, on the scale....further down towards pretty bad lol

It panics me as when it is really fast and sudden I can kind of imagine it not stopping and my body draining of blood - like haemorraghing. My husband has been logical with me and explained that in ml I lose about 0.32 of a pint each period - when you give blood they quite happily take a pint and people are ok. So, I'm losing a full pint in 3 months - to try and kind of give me some perspective on it. I get that, it does help and calms me a bit - but its the thought that I might just gush and not stop that really freaks me.

Trouble is if blood were green it would still freak phobic people, as we'd be used to green being the danger colour lol

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »

I had the same, one morning I actually passed out on the bathroom floor. Took myself off to a&e, only took 30 minutes to see the doc & leaked while talking to him never been so embarrassed.
I was examined & given a jab in the bum, no idea what it was,  ;D my Ferritin level was bugger all. So was scripted iron supplements & put on primolut-Nor ( I'm in Spain) That sorted me out for a while, they found a polyp or something which I was told could have been the course.
But I'd had heavy periods for years before.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »

One is unlikely to bleed to death from the womb.  From a nose bleed maybe ........ it never crossed my mind that I would die as periods were 'normal'; apparently!

OH THE PAIN though  :'(

Dierdre

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 12:04:01 PM »

I thought periods were something of the past for me, been post meno 8 years but started Femseven Conti patches 3 weeks ago and woke up in the night with the old familiar period pains and a period.  I know this is a common side effect and should settle within 6 months but the memories of awful periods came flooding back and panic.  I'm going away in two weeks hope it's stopped by then. 

Can I still take Vagifem on a period or will it just flush out and anyone on Femseven Conti please, does the bleeding settle and stop within the six months?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:07:46 PM by Dierdre »

lovesflorida

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »

Charys you are not alone in this! When I was 48 and in full peri stage I was having 3 bleeds a month with severe clotting and like you changing pads approx every half hour- it was awful and scary! Not surprisingly I became anaemic and then had issues with iron tablets making my IBS worse 😡 Periods stopped approx 18 months after that- which of course was a relief! Hang in there- it does get better and make sure you try and rest whenever possible xx

Charys

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 04:21:18 PM »

What a kind reply lovesFlorida ! I also have IBS and issues with iron, but I have found the ferrous fumarate causes me the most manageable/least side effects. Can I ask another question of you - once your periods stopped finally - did they restart at anytime ? If they did restart was it even worse (the stray period) than ever?

Charys

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 04:23:00 PM »

Hiyer Deirdre,

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, I hope someone comes along who knows......Maybe if they don't on this thread, then another thread could be started about your femsevern conti issues.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 04:47:04 PM »

Maybe put the product name into the 'search' button ?

lovesflorida

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »

Hi Charys! Once me periods stopped that was it- so haven't had a bleed for just under 4 years now-but have been put on HRT as have awful menpause symptoms and apparently some women have a bleed even on the conti one- so not looking forward to that. I will keep you posted xx

Dierdre

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 06:39:05 PM »

Hi Charys

My sister went on the mini pill at your age with this problem and after a couple of months her periods stopped and never had one since, she's 55 now and post meno.  The doctor took a blood test and said she was through the menopause and didn't need them anymore.

Lovesflorida, i've just had a really heavy period on a conti, took the patch off 2 days ago and now it's settling but i was so scared and panicked.  Thinking of starting again as my VA is coming back with a vengance and i might of been a bit hasty. So if you do bleed try and stick it out, it might not happen again.

lovesflorida

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 07:11:02 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Dierdre- yes I intend to stick it out- although not looking forward to a bleed after all this time 😳

Charys

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »

Thanks Dierdre and IloveFlorida,

I can't have the mini pill unfortunately.  :-\

What is VA Dierdre ?

Dierdre

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »

It's vaginal atrophy and I hope you never have it, not everyone does but if you do it's for life.  It's manageable with local treatments, but as you get older some doctors are reluctant to carry on with full HRT and that is worrying as some of us need both.

Charys

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »

Freaking again ladies, give me your calmness and wisdom. :'( :)

So, this month totally different period again. Came at 21 days (earliest yet!) and was much lighter than usual.....half of the usual amount...but at 10 days still light bleeding. For days just pink spotting like the period tailing off and today a wee bit heavier. What the flip is going on ? Is this an expected thing ?

dangermouse

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »

My sister suffered badly with heavy periods (she also had endometriosis) and had a cervical ablation (day procedure) in the end. It's stopped her periods and she said it made her hormones calm down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3