Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Going grey  (Read 11633 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: Going grey
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2018, 06:25:40 PM »

How long does one leave it on for?  Mum has gone white, hopefully  ;)

You just shampoo it on and leave for 5 minutes then rinse off.  My hair is SO soft now.

Lanzalover

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2018, 05:56:56 AM »

I use Touch of silver and it's a lovely shampoo/conditioner although I did have an initial panic when I first saw the colour  :o

My hair doesn't look or feel the same if I use anything else.

Lanzalover x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »

I use Touch of silver and it's a lovely shampoo/conditioner although I did have an initial panic when I first saw the colour  :o

My hair doesn't look or feel the same if I use anything else.

Lanzalover x

I have the hairdresser coming on Friday so I wont say anything about using the new shampoo and see if she notices.  We've been discussing going hrey for ages.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2018, 07:32:33 AM »

Yesterday I bought the matching conditioner from Touch of Silver and that made my hair even softer. I really recommend these products.  Often things are not all theyre cracked up to be but these are.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2018, 02:29:29 PM »

Hairdresser has just cut off about 3” and washed and conditioned it in my Touch of Silver stuff. She says it is in excellent condition. I said cut as much off as you like, as long as I can twist it up on my head.  She has done a kind of french pleat and twisted the top up. She reckons another couple of months and all the colour will be out and she says I will be a lovely white shade. Something to look forward to. 

Lanzalover

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2018, 02:32:23 PM »

That's good news about the condition of your hair. I'm sure it will look fab in a couple of months.

Lanzalover x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2018, 03:28:58 PM »

That's good news about the condition of your hair. I'm sure it will look fab in a couple of months.

Lanzalover x

thank you Lanzalover. I am so glad I bit the bullet and did it now.  I may have said but I think that against the white hair my skin looks better if it has a bit of colour.  I use a tinted moisturiser when I go out and it makes a difference.  X

Katia

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 10:30:27 AM »

Flax is amazing for the hair.  I take capsules and my hair has an amazing shine.  Once the grey has grown down to the top of the ears, the rest of the colour wont be as prominent.  I grew out some highlights.  For the first year, I had to keep lowlighting over them and then after a year it wasn't bad.  They're only just gone.  It's taken over 3 years to get them completely out and now I'm noticing a few greys at the front hairline   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »

How many capsules do you take?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2018, 06:31:20 PM »

I've got lots of grey hair
I'm a natural blonde, but I know it's there,(people say they can't see it)
I'm using that touch of silver and it's made my hair
Brighter I think.
I'm having a perm on Wednesday, I want my curls back!
Can't wait, and I'm growing it too..... ::)

Daisydot

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2018, 06:53:10 PM »

I do not allow my “white” hair to surface I'm an unnatural blonde lol. A very vain one too so I'll be demanding a touch up b4 my cremation probably 😂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »

;D your bucket list then ?

Katia

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2018, 07:22:30 PM »

CLKD! One or two a day. I have the seeds too and make a flax leave in

Chocolatemilkshake

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »

I've bitten the bullet... again to grow out my colour/dye. Last time I gave in to family's negative  comments.
I have long dark brown hair... well it was!
I stopped colouring it about 6 months ago... it grows slowly so goodness knows how long this will take... really don't want it cut short... I did get a few highlights put in to break up the badger line... I made sure the hairdresser understood that I didn't want them to my roots...
I'm not doing too bad at the minute... just get upset when family tell me I look old and ask me why I want to look old...
I tend to the it up and avoid mirrors and photos 😂

Ladybt28

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2018, 02:40:45 PM »

Hey daisydot I'm with you - not a natural blonde bt but the touch up before my cremation!  Going grey in places now but started dying my hair when I was 32 (when my mum died - she didn't approve of that sort of thing and she lived with us so I couldn't take the hassle)  Its been red, blonde and brown stripes - all shades of blonde but that does nothing for hair condition so I stopped, it wouldn't grow past my chin as it kept breaking.   It was short when I hit 40 because "everyone???" says long hair after 40 is a no no but the I got fed up and grew it long because I like it!  Its been red/brown for about 5 years but really it is mousey brown.  My husband helps me with off the shelf dye at a fiver every 6 weeks cos I'm too mean to pay a hairdresser.
We call him Vidal Campbell with his rubber gloves, curl comb for separation and his brush and dye pot!  Have to say he's ace and it works a treat.  I suppose at some point I am gonna have to tone it down a bit in case we go mutton lamb etc  :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5