Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tennis Elbow  (Read 12895 times)

getting_old

Re: Tennis Elbow
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 07:51:08 PM »

Pulled the muscle over the elbow maybe rather than 'tennis' elbow?

Definitely tennis elbow according to the physiotherapist as he had me do a series of tests to confirm it. I will ask if it could be something else, but the pain does feel muscular.

robotwars

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 09:45:20 PM »

I had this I went to see an osteopath, she was brilliant, she also recommended a special support bandage but I have forgotten what its called, you can buy them online and it worked wonders, with the support the tennis elbow was a lot less painful

Spangles

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 07:22:33 AM »

Hi,
I've only just picked up this thread.
Two years ago I was diagnosed with tennis elbow and given local anti inflammatory gel. Symptoms escalated and I have numbness and pain all the way down to my finger tips.
I was given a nerve conduction study and nothing showed up.
I then had an MRI scan on my neck which revealed a thinning of the discs and a bulge.
I'm now undergoing physio which is making it worse and my physiotherapist is referring me back to the MSK clinic as she no longer wants to treat the worsening symptoms.
Obviously it wasn't tennis elbow at all!
What I'm trying to say is that if you aren't happy then look a little deeper, I certainly wouldn't have thought my elbow problems stemmed from my neck.
Hope you get better.
Shellb
xXx

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 08:53:25 AM »

Shellb, my husband has almost exactly the same thing, doc started out treating the arm pain and pins/needles while waiting for a scan, of course X months down the line that showed nothing. So another X months wait to scan his neck. Meanwhile none of the drugs helped with the pain. Now we have the second scan results, they can't do anything to help ! but it's all taken so long that the neck has partly healed it's self, until the next time. We now believe it was all started when he hit a pot hole on his motorbike. He knows it can breakdown anytime again. So can only be super careful..

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 12:09:17 PM »

Just want to update my earlier comment on Turmeric.
I have found its definitely helping, I take turmeric made up into a paste, half a teaspoon (google, the golden paste) twice a day, three times if I remember, there is a huge improvement even to the extent I forget it's not healed.
Also giving it to my dog for her arthritis & she's back to her bouncy self.
Golden paste appears to be good for lots of things.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »

Turmeric is used a lot in Indian cookery recipes.  Stains though  >:(  ::)

Snoooze

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2018, 09:53:09 AM »

Sparkle, I have neck problems and also tend to lean on my left elbow a lot when on laptop. I tend to get a pain in the top of my arm but also elbow, forearm.
I found some exercises on YouTube for it. You hold your arm up and bend it then with your other hand bend the pinky and ring finger forward pulling your arm down slightly as you also bend your neck forward. If you feel pain that is tight muscles. Do that a few times then do it tilting your head back while bending the fingers.

Snoooze

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »

Ha ha Sparkle! I was on my phone before and don't know  how to copy in links but here is the one I was talking about which is actually for unlnar nerve entrapment but works well for the neck. I do have a problem sometimes lifting my arm up but physio told me mine is due to bad posture and tight muscles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85QKyWvrbI

Snoooze

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 10:01:04 AM »

My shoulders don't click but my neck does.

Snoooze

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 10:23:36 AM »

;D

Spangles

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 08:44:23 AM »

I'm so stiff, if I straightened my body I think it would crumble!

Annika

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2018, 01:45:14 PM »

SuziQ do you have any "side effects" with the Tumeric at all? I have tennis elbow in both arms at the moment and would like to give this a try just don;t want to be sitting on the throne all day long  ;D ;D ;D

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »

No side effects, but I have increased it slowly.
Look up the turmeric users group on Facebook, they are very helpful & will check any medication your on for contraindications.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 10:28:35 PM »

turmeric is yellow and stains  ;D - we use it a lot in Indian recipes. 

margaret

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 05:52:23 PM »

Try a Bella Donna Plaster, you can get them on Amazon they are amazing, you just cut them to the size you need peel of the back and stick it on, I found putting it on before I went to bed and resting it all night worked wonders xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3