Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cravings  (Read 1651 times)

Juneo

Cravings
« on: February 24, 2018, 11:57:39 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else is craving sweet things I've been like this for months now I was like this years ago before my period was due and for the first couple of days of my period. That all stopped when I had my hysterectomy aged 32 that was 21 years ago I did have my overlies left in but the last 6 months or so I have been craving sweet things xx

Salad

Re: Cravings
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 08:30:20 AM »

Yes I get days where I crave carbohydrates or sweets or both  ::)
Makes sticking to healthy eating a real nightmare!

Valentine

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:50:33 AM »

Yes I have these cravings and I never did before. Sometimes I don't realize until I look back at what I have eaten all day. Some days it all junk! 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »

Yep.  Cheese currently - what's that about  ::)

I found as I aged that chocolate made me feel sluggish - this is a bar a day Girl here! - and now tastes too sweet.  Bugga  :whist:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »

I used to get this during the second part of my menstrual cycle getting towards my period - I think it has something to do with the differential effect of our sex hormones on blood sugar metabolism and I think some women are more sensitive to this. I also used to get hypoglycaemia symptoms in the time leading up to peri-menopause - presumably when my hormones were surging and even carried glucose tablets around with me until I learned how to manage blood sugar levels. I can't remember the details but it has something to do with progesterone rising and falling! Sorry that probably isn't helpful at all but just saying I had it too!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »

Eating every 3 hours may help!  That is, every 3 hours, 24/7 ..........

Juneo

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »

At least I know I'm not the only one I thought I was going mad I've seen me going out in the pouring rainforest jelly babies and I don't really like them just craving sweet things I did the same with a whole bag of liquorice allsorts last week only I forgot liquorice was a natural laxative need I say more.I wonder if this is why I've heard a of of women saying they put a lot of weight on when they go through menapause. We really have go through it xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »

The idea is not to eat more but to spread out your daily requirements over 24 hours ;-)

dangermouse

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »

They say that peri can be like pregnancy! I've not been pregnant but my cravings have been through the roof the last few months.

I did really well following a ketogenic diet but then fell right off the wagon as my hormones were surging so much. Just about to climb back on as nothing fits me...!

I honestly think it sends blood sugar sky high as I used to do intermittent fasting and know how it feels when it's low and high.

Juneo

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 06:41:50 PM »

Hi CLKD I try to eat small and often but I also have an under active thyroid so it feels like I'm struggling all the time i , and dangermousd I am post menopause I have had four pregnancies and honestly have never been as bad as I am now craving for sweets .

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »

Is your thyroid function checked regularlY?

Bloody hormones  >:(  ::)

Juneo

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 01:48:49 PM »

Hi it was checked a month ago having said that I am going to mention the fact that I feel cold all the time