Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Experiences of increasing from 3 to 4 pumps of Estrogel  (Read 9564 times)

Mindfulmoomins

Experiences of increasing from 3 to 4 pumps of Estrogel
« on: February 22, 2018, 05:13:16 PM »

Hi everyone,

I haven‘t had any replies on my other post so I am posting with a (hopefully!) clearer title.

I am wondering in increasing my Estrogel from 3 to 4 pumps might help. I am still experiencing some anxiety and my mood is a bit low. It's like I am almost myself again but not quite. I so long to feel better than I do now (although I am loads better than I was at Christmas).

I am running, eating well and meditating.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks x

Dotty

Re: Experiences of increasing from 3 to 4 pumps of Estrogel
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:41:33 PM »

I increased mine to 3.5 pumps. I am trying to ease exhaustion.

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 05:51:12 PM »

Why not just try it mm and see you can always drop back down again,good luck hope your successful xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:06:11 PM »

Are you experiencing low mood for most of the time Mindfulmoomins or is it related to your cycle do you think? Also are you trying to suppress your cycle? If so a higher dose might just help with this. I can't imagine what 4 pumps of gel looks like but if you are having high doses you might be better off with Sandrena gel as it is more concentrated so you would apply slightly less to get the same amount of oestrogen, so may be absorbed better?

Hurdity x

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 06:26:35 PM »

Thanks everyone, maybe I'll try it. I would like to have the go ahead from the menopause clinic first so I've emailed them.

My mood is not low all the time and I can laugh and look forward to things.

I think I fall under Prof Studd's category of someone who experiences reproductive depression so I am wondering if 4 pumps is the usual dose for that.

So want to feel brighter. After all I've been through feeling even a little blue scares me. I will try to let it go.

X

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 07:11:54 PM »

Mindfulmoomins, I was just saying on another thread, it would appear that women with hormonal anxiety need 4 pumps of Oestrogel to get relief.  This number seems to be where you need to go to override your cycle and get your oestrogen levels into the 800s.  There's no point it sticking to a low dose and putting yourself in the HRT halfway house i.e. basic symptom relief but not firing on all cylinders.

Give it a try.

LucyLoo

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 09:51:16 PM »

Hi Mindfulmoomins, I've just replied on the other thread (before seeing this thread!) but wanted to say that I suffer from reproductive depression (I had PND and my low moods, exhaustion and anxiety are related to my menstrual cycle). I definitely feel better on 4 pumps as 3 wasn't over riding my cycle. I'm also amazed I felt ok on the utrogestan as my previous experiences with progesterone in the contraceptive pill has been awful. I therefore think the 4 pumps may have helped me cope with the utro too.

That's an interesting point Hurdity makes about trying Sandrena gel if it's more concentrated. I find 4 pumps of the oestrogel is OK - it's a bit of a pain waiting for it all to dry but I've got into a routine now where I put my makeup on whilst in my underwear whilst it dries! x

LucyLoo

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 10:05:11 PM »

Just to add, I believe Prof Studd's usual starting dose is 3 pumps of oestrogel for reproductive depression (and for meno symptoms too) - I guess he starts everyone on the same dose to see how they get on and then goes from there. He was certainly very happy for me to go up to 4 pumps so I'm guessing other ladies with reproductive depression do the same. I'll ask more when I have my follow up appointment and let you know.

My advice is to go for it Mindfulmoomins and see how you feel. I do know that changes in our hormone levels can make us feel worse at first but if you've been on the 3 pumps for a while, your body should be used to the current level of oestrogen and I think it's likely you will feel better going up to 4 pumps. I did get some thrush like symptoms when I first went up to 4 pumps but they have gone now. Really hope you feel better soon x

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 10:54:06 AM »

Thank you so much Mary and Lucyloo. So appreciate your input xxx