Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 8962 times)

Dotty

Re: Worried
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 07:32:43 AM »

I would try Oestrogel and Utrogestan. I take it continuously and have no problems with it.

cazzie29

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 03:41:46 PM »

Hi Taz, thanks for the speedy reply.

Did things settle quite quickly for you after returning to sequi?

My sleep problems are definitely meno related as I used to sleep so well before. I go to sleep quite easily but just keep waking through the night sometimes for an hour at a time. This is the worst thing for me as I have a very busy job.

Dancing Girl - thanks also for your advice. I'm just not sure about the Mirena as I also suffer from a prolapse. Oh the joys  ;D. I will have a look under the Treatments section as you suggested.

Thanks Dotty I will suggest this to the doc. Hoping my meno appointment comes through soon.

cazzie29

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 08:11:21 PM »

Hi ladies, due to change my patch tonight and was thinking about cutting a third off it in an attempt to see if this bleeding would stop (been bleeding for 5 days now and getting heavier). Wondered if anyone could advise if this is the correct thing to do?

Thanks x

cazzie29

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 09:25:42 AM »

Hi ladies, after 9 days of not bleeding and feeling so much better, I'm back to a really heavy bleed (clots and bad stomach cramps). I'm still waiting on my meno clinic appointment (been 2 months now) so was hoping for a bit of advice from you ladies, as I'm getting a bit desperate now.

My dilemma is, whilst waiting for my appointment, do I reduce the patch by a third in the hope that the bleeding will stop? Or do I go back to my doc and ask to be put back on a sequi regime? I know I can't cope with having a really bad period every 9 days. I thought going on HRT would solve my problems, however it feels like it's exacerbated them 😥. It's such a minefield.

Any advice more than welcome and much appreciated x

sidse

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 12:26:31 PM »

Hi, I had similar ( but not as bad) issues with my conti patch and when I had my biopsy, the gynecologist said that I could try to cut the patch by a third. I have done this with no bleeding ever since. Best to check with your doctor first though. 

cazzie29

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »

Thanks Sidse. I too had a biopsy about a month ago which came back fine. At that point my doc said if I wanted to come off HRT it would be ok to cut off a third. Due to change the patch tonight so I'll try that in the hope that it helps the bleeding settle. Glad to hear it worked for you 😀 X

cazzie29

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 06:05:21 AM »

Well, my HRT nightmare continues and once again looking for a bit of advice. After continuous bleeding problems on the Evorel Conti, the doc has put me on Femseven Conti. Stuck the first patch on on Saturday night. All was well yesterday but oh my goodness, last night had the worst anxiety ever. Woke at 12 pm feeling so anxious and then only dozed on and off. Now got a day of work to look forward to 😥.
My question is, do I persevere with the patch or go back to the Evorel Conti, which I had cut down to a third. Maybe the femseven is too strong as I'm back to using a whole patch.

Please any advice welcome.  Hope I'm posting in the correct place x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 07:19:58 AM »

Cazzie- I had problematic bleeding issues on Conti HRTs so had a Mirena fitted and this gave the least problems generally.
If you look under TREATMENT on this site you will find the information. It delivers the progesterone more directly to the uterus which keeps the lining thin and you can then use as little or as much oestrogen as you need as patch or gel alongside. There is less progesterone absorbed systemically as well so many ladies experience fewer side effects.
DG x

cazzie29

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 04:20:34 PM »

Hi DG, the Mirena does sound like a good alternative but just a little hesitant as I suffer from a bit of a prolapse (oh the joys). Do you think this would be suitable for me?
I'm waiting for a meno clinic appointment but when I phoned up to see where I was on the waiting list, they said it would be another 3 months  >:(. So annoying. I really feel so lost just now, as most of my friends don't appear to suffer meno problems or those that have gone on to Hrt have settled quickly into their regime x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 04:50:18 PM »

I don't know whether a prolapse is a problem re the Mirena.  Maybe stick things out till you get the menopause clinic appointment and discuss the Mirena options then - they will hopefully examine you to see if it's an option but I'd go really prepared with all you symptoms questions etc.
In the mean time the new patches may settle down and work OK for you - it can take a couple of weeks for you body to adjust.  DG x

cazzie29

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 07:04:09 PM »

Thanks DG. Hoping I don't have these awful anxious feelings again tonight. Thing is, even though I've been really quite tired today through lack of sleep, I've been quite calm. I can't understand why the anxiety hits me at night but it really is very unpleasant and makes me feel like I'm going off my rocker 😂 X

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 07:16:02 PM »

Continuous progestogens can be too much for some women due to side effects. If you have gone from 1/3 patch to a whole one then you will have suddenly increased your oestrogen as well as the progestogen - and a different type as well. You will need to give it a few weeks to settle before deciding this one is not for you - there is abound to be an initial "hit" of both hormones,

I would persevere with the patch provided you can cope and if it really doesn't suit you ( 3 months is the recommended trial time) then Dancinggirl's suggestion of a Mirnea, or changing to a sequential HRT might be better for you ( you would have a predictable withdrawl bleed). I think this has already been said further down the thread....

Hurdity x

cazzie29

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 04:27:41 PM »

Hi ladies, I've not posted in a while mainly due to the fact that I've been feeling reasonably well 😀.

After a shaky start on Femseven Conti, everything started to settle and I was actually feeling like my old self again. Finally found HRT which suited me, woohoo. I'd even cut it down to half a patch and still felt good. I'd been on it for 2 months and went to get my next prescription but was told the Femseven Conti had been discontinued and wouldn't be back in stock until January 19. Imagine my dismay 😥.

So, the doctor, in her wisdom prescribed Evorel Sequi. Coming to the end of 3 months on it, so I have given it a good try but my problem now is stomach cramps and diarrhoea, which has never really bothered me to any great extent in the past. These attacks are increasing and now happening once a week.  Also, my sleep problems are creeping back in when on the Conti part of the regime.

My question is, have any other ladies out there experienced the same problem on Evorel Sequi?

Any advice, once again, greatly appreciated 😀.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »

I wonder if you would be better on a regime where you use oestrogen as gel or patch and then have Utrogestan or Provera as the progesterone part and this could be used as either a Sequi or conti regime. Look under TREATMENTS on this site under the Progesterone and Oestrogen sections and print them off to discuss with the doctor.
DG x

Taz2

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 09:25:04 PM »

Hi cazzie - it's good to read that you settled well on FemSeven and it's such a nuisance that there are production problems with it at the moment. I'm unsure why your doctor swapped you to Evorel Sequi and not Evorel Conti? Did she give a reason for this?

As for the stomach problems I've never suffered from them on either Evorel or FemSeven and I think that it would be a good idea to have a word with your doctor about this just to check out that everything else is ok. It is common to develop food intolerances at this time of our lives so a food diary would be a good idea. I have a sensitivity to soya which is in many things and, following a kidney infection and a couple of months of antibiotics, I've also become lactose intolerant.

Let us know how you get on and I do hope you feel better soon.

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2] 3