Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femseven conti patches  (Read 1754 times)

Lilliejojo

Femseven conti patches
« on: February 18, 2018, 07:52:41 PM »

Has anyone noticed if femseven conti patches has caused them a very low mood and severe brain fog.   Was Everol sequi/combi parches and doing good on those then doctors decided to get me to try femseven conti patches .   Am really feeling down and depressed . 

Cazikins

Re: Femseven conti patches
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »

Hi Lilliejojo.

Just wondering why your GP changed you from Evorol to Femseven if they suited you better. Did you have a problem with Evorel? How long have you been using the patches?

I have been on many types of HRT over the last 10 years & most of them have given me side effects including low mood & brain fog. It can take a while for things to settle down. It could be that this one just doesn't suit you or possibly the strength needs reducing.

Cazikins x

Hurdity

Re: Femseven conti patches
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:12:00 PM »

Hi Lilliejojo

:welcomemm:

If you have changed from a sequential HRT (which gives a withdrawal bleed) to a continuous combined type - then this could explain your symptoms. The Evorel sequi would have given you two weeks of oestrogen alone whereas you are now having a different progestogen (in the Femseven) and having it all the time. The oestrogen dose is the same for both. Are you post-menopausal? Even if you are - you can opt to remain on a cycle if you don't like the progestogenic side effects. I do and I'm in my mid 60's! Why not go back to the one you were on before if it suited you?

Hurdity x