Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Night sweats, tearfu,l digestive issues - utrogestan related?  (Read 1833 times)

Mindfulmoomins

Night sweats, tearfu,l digestive issues - utrogestan related?
« on: February 18, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »

Hi everyone,

I havn't posted in a while but feeling quite vulnerable today so thought I would.

I have been getting on ok with Estrogel 3 pumps (been on that two months now), ad's and counselling. Been into work a few times and am due back tomorrow on a phased return.

I finished a 9 day course of utrogestan 3 nights ago. I meant to take 10 days but must have miscalculated. I took 100 mg for the first two days and last two days and 200 mg the other days. All vaginally. I realise the prescribed dose would be 200 mg every night but I was scared!

I have also had flu the past week and a half so it's been difficult to tell if the Utrogestan affected my mood.

What I did notice is that I had bloating and stomach pain in the past 6 days and also night sweats. The sweats were so bad i've had to get out of bed, wipe myself down and put a towel on the bed. I don't think it's related to the flu as that has mostly passed apart from coughing and tiredness.

Could the digestive issues and sweats be utrogestan related? I am trying not to blame everything on utrogestan, just trying to get a sense of what might be going on.

Also, feeling anxious and tearful today. Partly I am sure because I really wanted to take good care of myself this week ahead of going back to work but I have been so tired and foggy with flu I haven't been able to. Is it normal to be weepy 3 nights after stopping utrogestan?

Sometimes I feel like I am really getting somewhere mood and anxiety wise but the flu and utrogestan have thrown me off a bit.

Thanks for listening.

Xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Night sweats, tearfu,l digestive issues - utrogestan related?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »

I got awful night sweats with Utrogestan - one of the many reasons why abandoned Utro.  I felt high and quite sedated on Utro but also had night sweats, periods cramps, erratic bleeding and a rash on my face.   For me it was a the most problematic progesterone that I had ever used!!!! DG x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 01:31:09 PM »

Ah, poor you.
I read your post and thought “this sounds familiar”!
I don't take any hormone meds - yet! But the symptoms you are describing are so familiar to me, but it is only in hindsight that i put them down to peri!
For the last 4 years i have had seriously horrible gut symptoms. Been treated for every gasto complaint under the sun- none of which worked of course🤢 GP eventually said oh IBS woth constipation mmm nice, but not ONCE did any of them mention peri! Of course the ibs meds didn't work either! , but now i know what it is all about it doesn't bother me so much.
Tearful and anxiety -ooohhh yeeeees, my spagetti head i call it, and again now in hindsight, i get it, seems none of my GP's did though mmmmm
No my periods seem to have stopped  those symptoms have gone away- and been replace by the lovely night sweats grrrr😤

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »

Thanks DG and Sgtvhilts,

I wonder how peri affects digestive issues. I know there's a lot written about the gut being the second brain....I might try and read up on it more.

Xx

dangermouse

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 05:55:22 PM »

I also suffered badly with digestive problems and I had mainly slow transit which results in constipation as everything digests and moves at a much slower pace.

I read it was due to the high oestrogen in peri which is similar to a pregnancy state, where food is purposefully slowed on its way through to enhance nutrient absorption to sustain the pregnancy.

Not sure how factual it is but it made sense to me!