News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1235 times)

Ramona

Hello
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:03:06 PM »

Hello Everyone
Really glad I found this board. Had such helpful replies to a query already.

I have had symptoms for a couple of years since I was 44. Symptoms worse last 6 mths do started HRT in dec 17. Elleste duet. Hot flashes have reduced but the progesterone pills are awful. Terrible waves of panic. Been off sick.
Already had helpful suggestions from this board to try Femoston or Oestrogel?Utrogestan so will speak to GP.

I have had clinical depression since teens so am now scared this will be triggered by treatment.

Thanks for reading and for the forum which has already proved do supportive. Hope I can return the favour over time

Ramona

Emerald2017

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »

Hi Ramona and welcome!
The forum is very very helpful and I find it fantastic!
It also helps not to feel alone! 🌹

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »

Clinical depression is usually triggered by events that we can't control or alter at that particular time.  I have that as well as organic depression, add anxiety to that and some days I'm stuck  :'( but,  :), medication has helped.  So don't be afraid to consider anti-anxiety medication along the HRT if you feel it's necessary.

Some ladies find trialling HRT for 3-4 months to see how it helps symptoms, then adding ADs/anti-anxities to see if it makes things even better.

Same with vaginal atrophy: some find that using Vagifem or the other product, name escapes me  :-\ regularly is enough, others require additional products, i.e. Sylc to the outer lips to keep the area moist and less dry.

Do browse round. Make notes.  :welcomemm: