Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet and anxiety  (Read 2441 times)

Ramona

Elleste duet and anxiety
« on: February 13, 2018, 03:08:55 PM »

Hello. I am new to this board so apologies if this has been covered.

I have been experiencing menopausal symptoms for 2 years, since I was 44. I have been on anti depressants for many years. I began HRT at a tiny dose end Dec 2017. I am on Elleste Duet. My hot flushes have reduced but each time I start the progesterone part of the pack my anxiety becomes so extreme I am unable to cope. Can't go to work due to endless severe waves of utter panic. It is so bad I have not taken a pill today

Has anybody any advice on what is going on and what to do?

With many thanks

Ramona

Dotty

Re: Elleste duet and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:11:01 PM »

Could be the progesterone ( norethisterone) that doesn't suit you. You could try swapping to Femoston which had a kinder progesterone or Oestrogel with Utrogestan.

Ramona

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »

Thank you Dotty
I will speak to my GP

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »

Dotty is right, Femoston is much better tolerated so you might want to try that.  Alternatively, you could consider the Oestrogel/Utrogestan regime which is what many MM members use.

A lot of women fall over on the progesterone part of HRT even if they are not progesterone intolerant per se and norethisterone is one of the worst offenders. 

Take a look at the treatment section on here to get some ideas.

Ramona

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 08:53:18 PM »

Thank you so much Mary. It was only this second month that I was able to see a pattern. Was feeling so overwhelmed by panic. Thanks for the tips. Will read the treatment section.