Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Slimming World  (Read 1995 times)

Annie0710

Slimming World
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:04:20 AM »

Hubby and I joined last week.  I'm still in my BMI range and was still squeezing uncomfortably into my size 10s but wasn't happy at all with my shape.  Hubby is tall and muscular and although overweight it really doesn't  show and has a manual job and a keen golfer 3 times a week.  I'm a lazy mare myself

So we joined and as he is the main cook we've really thrown ourselves into it.  I can't remember what he had to lose but she said for me I need to set a target as I don't have much to lose, but she totally got what I was saying.  People at work have laughed at me joining as apart from one size 6 girl I'm the next smallest in our large office.  So fully clothed and with shoes on last Tuesday evening she weighed me in at 10 st 3.5llb

Last nights weigh in showed hubby lost a whopping 9.5 llb and I lost 5llb !!!

Everyone was amazed at his and also mine because technically she said the less you need to lose the harder it is.  I'm sure hubby will stop as soon as I get to my ideal but for any of you that are thinking of it but haven't took the plunge this way of losing weight is great.  I've eaten more this last week than I did over Xmas !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Slimming World
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »

I think it's absolutely fine to seek support for any medical/health condition.  It allows people to put another view point on the situation without being emotionally involved, people can soon get stuck in a rut, like you - I'm a lazy mare  ::).  We have a treadmill upstairs ..........

It can allow people to review what they eat daily, weekly, monthly.  It allows one to see how many 'treats' are allowed or which are in fact, allowed in the over-all diet.  i.e. chocolate is good for us.

Himself cut out alcohol in November, he needs to lose oh ever-so-much ........ and has been hungry without complaining.  We already have a healthy diet but he does enjoy his tipple.  He stuck after 3 months  ::) but we know that more exercise won't do us any harm.  However, in our current state/s - heavy cold, coughing, snuffling, sneezing .......... it'll be next week ::)

M in L lost weight by picking a diet then weighing every thing so that by the end of the day, each saucer that was empty meant that she had done OK and if the saucer was empty by lunch time, well that was it! she had to wait until the next day for butter etc.. She lost well and maintained a healthy weight there after.

She came from a big boned over-weight family prone to late-onset diabetes.

Good Luck! 

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »

Did you watch joe wicks on channel 4 last night ladies he was fab so supportive of the people he was helping and it was lovely to see the end results after only 90 days wether they sustain that regime or not is down to them but with results like that why wouldn't you.
Well done Annie I'm really pleased for you xx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »

Well done x

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:03:40 PM »

Well done to both of you.

Look how far you have come Annie ??? may it continue ;)

Wx

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 01:25:40 PM »

Hello Annie.

Well done to you and hubby and keep up the good work!

We watched the Joe Wicks programme and it was interesting to see that the lady with type 2 diabetes was able to reduce her medication.  I noticed she was fifty years old so I did wonder if she had started her menopause and the impact of that on her appetite and energy levels.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:33 PM »

A friend has diabetes which waxes and wanes.   In really hot weather symptoms increase.  She can stop all medication sometimes.

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »

Thank you ladies :-)

I didn't watch the Joe Wickes programme but I'll do a catch up on it.  I want my ultra slim figure back that I had pre meno

Warwick I do feel I've come a long way, many times I never thought it was possible to feel human and near normal again.  Meno has robbed me of a few things I can never naturally get back but working on the things I have is something I can focus on

I know a girl in her early 30s.  She's morbidly obese and 2 years ago diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  I get godsmacked watching her eat cream cakes, biscuits, footlong mayo filled rolls.  She's a smoker too, and wonders why she's not improving, she relies on the tablets to control her sugar levels.   

I've been called for an MOT at the surgery, that alone put the heebie jeebies up me, I sometimes forget I'm getting older then it hits me so when I've lost a few more llbs I'll ring and take them up on their offer! X

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:26 PM »

I too know of a girl who could do with losing about 6st.!  18 years old.  She appears aware of the risks.  But she continues to eat un-healthy foods, is in a sedentary job ......... and wonders why Surgeons won't operate on her various conditions  >:(

Let us know how you get on!