Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When you don't notice any difference from your HRT  (Read 4973 times)

Emerald2017

Re: When you don't notice any difference from your HRT
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 09:41:55 PM »

Hi! Maybe your expectations for hrt are too high!
It's not the magic cure but definitely it helps.
Maybe you cannot see the results now but it has positive consequences long term.
My mum had her meno at 47 and it took Tibolone for 15 years. He has no osteoporosis, nice skin and looks younger for her age. He said to me yesterday that if she knew how beneficial was Livial for her wellbeing, she would stay for life.
I'm 42 and on hrt. My psychological state isn't so stable as before but I think it's due to my thoughts and my difficulty to accept the new reality and not due to hrt. Hope it helps! 🌹

dangermouse

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 12:25:41 PM »

The idea of upping to 4 pumps is to suppress your natural cycle more aggressively, like with the pill.

Surging and plummeting oestrogen can cause a lot of overwhelming feelings and by upping the dose you would naturally get worse before you get better - until your brain registers the constant high oestrogen levels and then it suppresses any volatility.

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 02:04:37 PM »

Hello Noheroicsplease.

I can't advise you  unfortunately but I also feel stuck in a halfway house regarding HRT.

My symptoms have also been predominantly emotional although I've never been completely free of  flushing, I also  have  internal shaking but I don't know if that is a manifestation of anxiety or a completely physical symptom seeing as I feel utterly calm and normal when it suddenly stops! I am currently taking  an anti depressant but I may need to review that as well.

Sorry to ramble on about myself but I wanted you to know that there are others in a similar dilemma  and I totally understand how frustrating and exhausting it all is.

Wishing you well.

K.

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 02:15:19 PM »

Kathleen each time my mood dips I remember that I've been missing my vit D pills.  Perhaps add some to your daily regime? Within a day I feel better.  It could be placebo but I do it anyway.  It's best to take K2 pills with them x

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 06:16:13 PM »

Hello Annie.

You make a good point. I used to take s good quality vitamin D3  tablet but when they run out I resorted to some cheap ones that I found at the back of the cupboard. I think I need to re order!

Thanks for the heads up!

K.

weathergirl

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 08:26:04 PM »

noheroics, sort of like yourself, I feel HRT really did nothing for me.  Like you have mentioned, I did not have classic meno symptoms, or really much of any symptoms.  I think my estrogen dropped very gradually over time and as such, my body adjusted to it. 

I mostly used HRT for bone health and to stave off any symptoms (I read too many menopause horror stories which I should not have done :( ).  I've gone off it now (age 52) - been off it for months and feel no different. HRT is not for everyone.  I don't necessarily think increasing the dose is always the answer.  I tried that (earlier in my HRT use) and it created more problems for me than solutions.   You need to follow what your gut is telling you.   If you are not comfortable with doing something, then it probably won't feel right to you anyway. 

As others have mentioned, I agree that for some, perhaps increasing dosage or trying different formulations is worthwhile.  It's a personal decision/choice.  If you are a dedicated exerciser, you are doing a lot to protect your bone health already  :), even if estrogen is a better source for protection.  Such personal decisions these are!   I just wanted to mention that I feel similarly to you in the way HRT did not really 'work' for me.   I wish you the best in whatever you decide - health and happiness.  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:30:17 PM by weathergirl »

Daisydot

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »

Kathleen amazon sell a spray combi of vitamin d3 and k2 much easier than pills you just spray into your mouth each day.it bypasses liver that way so you'll get a better dose in the body.good luck xx

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 09:23:51 AM »

Thank you all.

I don't think I'm going to increase the estrogen at the moment. When I did have too much early on, I couldn't sleep, I felt weird and my boobs were huge and very tender - I exercise a lot and this really gets in the way.

And I don't know why, I'm just not convinced this is the way forward - for me. I don't doubt it works for others.

I'm going to stick with what I'm doing, and try and supplement it with as many mood-enhancers as I can (natural ones). If it doesn't work, then I'll think about anti-deps in a month.

I will try to stay on HRT until I'm at least 50, given the bone issue. But I agree with Weathergirl - whose post is spot on, for me - I don't think it doesn't very much for me. I never have felt it has.

paisley

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »

Over the 8 years I have been in meno I tried so many HRTs & different delivery methods & not one really worked for me. I think because we are all different HRT works for some people but there is a minority for whom it just doesn't work for no matter how much you increase it, decrease it or change it. I stopped mine 8 months ago. Got fed up trying
Pages: 1 [2]