Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice needed regarding HRT & Weight Gain  (Read 3357 times)

EMSMUM

Advice needed regarding HRT & Weight Gain
« on: February 14, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »

Does anyone have any advice?  Since starting the menopause properly and then being put on HRT my weight has stalled and even gone up slightly, I am already overweight and am a current member of weightwatchers, do I ditch the HRT entirely and suffer the consequences of it and hopefully lose weight or do I have other options?  I am currently on 2mg oestrogen Kliofem tablets, I have asked the GP today but she wasn't sure, she did say she would write to someone to ask for advice but in the meantime I thought I would ask you lovely lot if you knew what I could do - it is soul destroying restricting everything I eat & drink only for it to have no effect whatsoever :'( :'(

Oncology sue

Re: Advice needed regarding HRT & Weight Gain
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »

Hi unfortunately not much you can do about the wait gain .You just have to watch what you eat I have been on HRT now for about 2yrs and have put on wait I also think it could be an age thing depending on how old you are but don't worry you wont put on stones maybe only pounds but it will stop hope this has helped .

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 04:22:39 PM »

Whether on HRT or not, weight gain is normal when meno hits.
I'm afraid it's about eating a lot less and doing lots of exercise.
HRT can at least make us feel well enough to exercise.
I have permanently reduced what I eat by about one third DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 05:04:37 PM »

I don't think it's the hrt.  I was 32 when I was put in hrt and still on it 19 years later.  Up until natural menopause at 45 I was very slim, I now really have to watch my weight.  What I have noticed since menopause is I have cravings much like pregnancy and if I cave in to them I gain weight. 

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »

The people I know older than me who seem to keep slim are also very active.  They seem to do a lot of walking, tennis, as well as zumba etc.  One does a couple of 6 - 12 mile walks per week with her new boyfriend and the rambling club where she met him.  Another does trecking in the Alps etc.  Both have had hips replaced  ::)

I am not very active.  I do a bit of dancing and pilates, and go for walks in nice weather.  :-\  I spend too long working on the computer (and not working on the computer  :-X )

I aspire to being a fell walker.   ;) I eat lots of wholegrains, beans and veg these days as I don't feel like I have eaten properly otherwise.  When the weather stops being horrible and cold rainy, my husband has some longer local walks planned out, then we shall try somewhere a bit more up and down.  I am not very good with actual fells.  ;D